Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC

Were you happy with them?

Oh and how long do you guys reckon it'll take to learn circular motion in mechanics? I was planning on doing that tonight- can I do it in one day?
Yeh i was stoked. I reckon u could do it in a night.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Circular Motion is REALLY broad because 80% of the Mechanics topic comes under 'circular motion'.

- Banked Tracks

- Conical Pendulums (which splits into uniform and non-uniform surfaces)

- 2D Circular Motion (on a flat surface)

deswa1

HSC
Circular Motion is REALLY broad because 80% of the Mechanics topic comes under 'circular motion'.

- Banked Tracks

- Conical Pendulums (which splits into uniform and non-uniform surfaces)

- 2D Circular Motion (on a flat surface)
Oh right. I thought conical pendulums and banked tracks were seperate. What I mean is that last one I think- uniform circular motion or whatever?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh right. I thought conical pendulums and banked tracks were seperate. What I mean is that last one I think- uniform circular motion or whatever?
Oh right, that doesn't take TOO long. One night will do =)

Balancing forces is REALLY easy (Aysce can vouch for that) and dealing with angles within the circle (needs some Circle Geometry) is fairly straightforward. Just need to recognise when to use Sine Rule/Cosine Rule etc. Almost like 'Rates of Change'.

Ph03nix

HSC
deswa do you know how you went in eco? I heard people got it back today.

deswa1

HSC
deswa do you know how you went in eco? I heard people got it back today.
Apparently I got 96 but I don't know yet (didn't have eco today)- we'll see tomorrow. Ben, Erzhao and Wayne also got 96 lol- will be interesting to see the paper.

Ph03nix

HSC
Apparently I got 96 but I don't know yet (didn't have eco today)- we'll see tomorrow. Ben, Erzhao and Wayne also got 96 lol- will be interesting to see the paper.
Haha yea I heard that was top mark so I assumed u got it haha. But yea I heard about Ben getting 96 but not the other 2, wow there goes my rank.

deswa1

HSC
Haha yea I heard that was top mark so I assumed u got it haha. But yea I heard about Ben getting 96 but not the other 2, wow there goes my rank.
Your rank won't move too much trust- especially if you get above 90.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: The Nonsense Thread

Yep sure send it over.

And Barbernator, my test isn't necessarily difficult because of the questions, but because it actually tests your understanding.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

But I'm not even going to be sitting it, so it wouldn't make a difference...
I was just going to post it on here.

Unless people actually want to have a day where you sit it (maybe when people sit carrot's test?)

theind1996

HSC
N/A

I was just going to post it on here.

Unless people actually want to have a day where you sit it (maybe when people sit carrot's test?)
Then you might as well send it to me.

It's not like I'm going to give it everyone lol.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

What topics is it m8?

You have to tell us this at least.
Well I posted a thread asking for what topics people have done so that I could include only those topics.

But like, basically no one responded aye.

Anyway, circle geo/polynomials/perms and combs/harder inequalities/trigonometry/harder algebra.

Considering putting in induction or parametrics depending on who has done them. And might throw in one or two angles between two curves/internal division.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Well I posted a thread asking for what topics people have done so that I could include only those topics.

But like, basically no one responded aye.

Anyway, circle geo/polynomials/perms and combs/harder inequalities/trigonometry/harder algebra.

Considering putting in induction or parametrics depending on who has done them. And might throw in one or two angles between two curves/internal division.
Hmm...

I haven't done Induction or Circle Geo or Angle between 2 curves. I've done Parametics though.

And most schools don't do Circle Geo/Induction/Angle between 2 curves/Perms and Combs in prelim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)