You studying in holidays? (1 Viewer)

Are you studying in the holidays?

• Yes..

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No. but I may be intending to.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No. I will never study.. pfftt it is our last major holiday!

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by coroneos
I disagree with the rationale to your argument. The basis of your reasoning is stemming from the illusion that the HSC should be your LIFE during year 12.

In fact the HSC is NOTHING. It is not necessary to place so much UNNECESSARY effort in your studying. The truly successful ones are the people who play first, and then work later.

"ure attitude is unhealthy"?? your unhealthy if you choose to study during your holidays, because you are placing WORK above your SOCIAL life.

seriously, all you people on here should rethink about your priorities!

LIFE IS NOT HSC. HSC IS NOT LIFE.

REMEMBER!!
hmm some people have high expectations of themselves... especially when it comes to those with asian parents... i'd be damn dissapointed if i got a shit uai... like.. by getting a good uai.. its an easier and shorter path to what you want in your life career wise.. i mean.. i can become a doctor through the gard. medical program.. but then i would have to waste 4 years for an undergrad degree.. so the best way to do med.. is to get in straight off my hsc...

i find that people who do study effictively nad are happy with life are those that have a social life and study.. .. there is nothing wrong with having an 'unhealthy attitude' unless you know your'e going to benefit from it too...

i mean we might start work now.. but when we get to school we may bludge our asses off.. if ur like me and have to travel a fair bit to school.. we are deprived of our studying hours.. theres nothing wrong with having a head start :) but i think everyone should make a fair attempt to balance things out... but for now studying should be a main priority

Budhima

Corroneous, bro uve only got like 1 year of the HSC, compared to the rest of your life. I'd say go hardcore, cos the HSC sets u up and gives you the foundations. Yeah I do agree u gotta hav a social life, but prioritise it man. The lil' mental/emotional/physical satisfaction u get from that one night is shit compared to what u'd earn from a 3hour study regime.

Remember bro you arent just playin your immediate cards, think long term.

Anyhow thats my philos.

sven0023

HSC is NOTHING.

What are you doing on these HSC boards, and more, why do you care what other people are doing?; if, as you said HSC is nothing.

Aussiechick

HSC
Can I just ask, what are you guys studying this holidays? We haven't started any of the course work for the HSC, so what is there to study?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i guess you could get text books and start reading..look over the syllabus, read peoples notes from BOS...

but stuff that!!! im enjoying these hols now, we still have 3 weeks of school when we comeback b4 we can start yr 12 work so study then :D

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Aussiechick
Can I just ask, what are you guys studying this holidays? We haven't started any of the course work for the HSC, so what is there to study?

some schools have started their hsc courses.. like i know Trinity Catholic in Auburn started their HSC courses as soon as their exams finsihed in week 8 .. theyre 2 weeks alreddy into their hsc course..

our school made an attempt to strat them.. but didnt get very far :p

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
In fact the HSC is NOTHING. It is not necessary to place so much UNNECESSARY effort in your studying. The truly successful ones are the people who play first, and then work later.

LIFE IS NOT HSC. HSC IS NOT LIFE.

This is the common divide. There will always be people who are like this. The ones who want and will be successful will find coroneos's views disturbing and somewhat idiotic. You really cant change what people believe. The pivotal event will be when in a years time we will most likely post our results on this website. You will probably find that coroneos will not even post his results as they will be so dissapointing that he is embarrassed by them. He will feel like a fool, remembering the events that are taking place at this current time.
For the students that intend on being successful remember idiots can be dangerous in large groups:D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
that start over next term therefore u study these holliz and ull be ahead of the class ... -.-"
Thats what l'm doing in Maths, Bio and Hospitality. :D:D Great minds think alike ;)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Aussiechick
I am starting Bio and Hospitality next term. I have borrowed some books from the library on these subjects, had a look through them to see what l'll be learning during the next year. I also got the Bio syllabus and have been looking through some dot points for that. I went to office works and got some folders and paper for next term, oh l'm so organised...:D

stinger v2.0

Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
I am starting Bio and Hospitality next term. I have borrowed some books from the library on these subjects, had a look through them to see what l'll be learning during the next year. I also got the Bio syllabus and have been looking through some dot points for that. I went to office works and got some folders and paper for next term, oh l'm so organised...:D
ahahahaha, you're stupid

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
I am starting Bio and Hospitality next term. I have borrowed some books from the library on these subjects, had a look through them to see what l'll be learning during the next year. I also got the Bio syllabus and have been looking through some dot points for that. I went to office works and got some folders and paper for next term, oh l'm so organised...

OMG i'm so glad there is someone as organised as i am getting *sigh of relief*
lol all my friends think i'm a complete nut for getting so organised when we dont get into it for a couple of weeks but it think that the sooner you are organised the more confident you feel going into it - or at least i hope it works.
I've been trying to do english AOS and Ext stuff before we get back and going over the first topics for Ancient and Modern History. Been trying to plan both major projects for 4u Eng and 5u hist to make it easier but its sooo hard to chose soemthing

KarmaKitten

HSC
OMG i'm so glad there is someone as organised as i am getting *sigh of relief*
lol all my friends think i'm a complete nut for getting so organised when we dont get into it for a couple of weeks but it think that the sooner you are organised the more confident you feel going into it - or at least i hope it works.
I've been trying to do english AOS and Ext stuff before we get back and going over the first topics for Ancient and Modern History. Been trying to plan both major projects for 4u Eng and 5u hist to make it easier but its sooo hard to chose soemthing
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have both my topics for 4unit english and history

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY

I just got to work now :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The HSC is everything if you do not succeed you will become a failure in life. Get into university or die!

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
The HSC is everything if you do not succeed you will become a failure in life. Get into university or die!
Thats my mentality:)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
to some people it does matter. why must you bag them out?

:rolleyes:

ae

HSC
"Seek what your heart desires, not what you ego demands"

kow_dude

HSC
I agree with Lexicographer, our future depends on how well we perform in the HSC. I would depress to death if i dont get a good HSC mark....

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Or you could wait till your 21 then enter as a mature aged student??? or transfer or do a number of other things...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)