Your Picks for MH questions for 09 paper (1 Viewer)

mckensara

HSC
WWI - The affects of Total War and The effect of new technology in breaking the stalemate

Germany - Militarism and Foreign Policy lol you know at the Germany lectures Ken webb slipped us what might be the question this yr :p

Indochina - Affect of American intervention/impact on civilians/ tet

OR

for khmer rouge something about tactics and stuff like that and the effects of KR on cambodian community.
haha Webb is my teacher, dont listen to him
he is just fucking with you, TRUST. ME.

Evertonian

HSC
World War 1
Don't Care - I dont study for this section...lol

Germany
German Army
Racial Policy
Foreign Policy

Conflict in the Pacific
Reasons for defeat
A-bomb
Home Front
The Jap advance

Misz

HSC
I havent even started studying for this
ill cram after chem on monday

FMLLL :(

sunsettah

HSC
For CONFLICT IN EUROPE they're due to ask something on El Alamein (yes it's true, i dont even know how to spell it. i cannot write even one successful page on anything =] ha fail)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
This is probably wrong, but today I looked up all the past questions for my topics and then put them against the syllabus to see which dot point hasn't been used yet... or the least... anyway, here's what I have (just for National/International studies...)

Russia

1 Bolshevik consolidation of power
- significance of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (hasn't been asked once)
- the NEP (last used 2002)

2 Stalin's rise to power
- power struggle between Trotsky and Stalin and its immediate aftermath (this question is usually seen in the Trotsky personality section, however, the last time a question on this point in section II was in 2004)
- reasons for the triumph of Stalin as leader of the USSR (hasn't been asked before - once again, usually in personality section)

3 The Soviet State under Stalin
- Stalin's role in the Soviet state (not specifically asked, however implied in previous exams)
- Stalin as totalitarianism (last used in 2003)
- impact of purges, show trials and 'the Terror' on the Communist Party and Soviet society (not mentioned once in any prior exams)

My picks for Russia:
a) the impacts of the NEP on Bolshevik consolidation of power.
b) Access the role of Stalin in the establishment of a totalitarian society in the USSR.

Cold War

1 Origins of the Cold War 1945 - 1953
- 1945 conferences and the emergence of the superpowers (hasn't been used once)
- impact of the early crises: the Berlin blockade and airlift, China becoming comminist in 1949 and the Korean War (Berlin blockade and China haven't been used one, however, there have been questions where you get to pick your own crisis)

2 Development of the Cold War to 1968
- policy of containment, domino theory and the emergence of peaceful coexistence (never used)
- nature and impact of cries: Berlin Wall 1961, Cuba 1962, Czechoslovakia 1968 (none have been specifically asked. Last implied in a question in 2001)

3 Detente
- economic and political reasons for detente (never picked)
- geopolitical developments: Vietnam, Sino-Soviet split, the Middle East (never picked)

4 Renewal and end of the Cold War
- US attitudes and policies under Reagan (always ask USSR views, never US - maybe this year?)
- disarmament agreements 1987 - 1991 (never picked)
- collapse of communism in Eastern Europe and the USSR (never picked)

My picks for Cold War:
a) Assess the impact on (either Berlin, China, or Korea) on the development of the Cold War during the period of 1945 to 1953.
b) How did the US attitudes and policies under Reagan spark a renewal of the Cold War/the end of the Cold War?

I do think they may ask for a specific crises, and though I'm inclined to think its 1945 to 1953, knowing my luck it will be between 61 to 68.

Feel free to dispute...
I'd rep if you if i could :)

I'm still hoping for Bolshevik consolidation of power/civil war/NEP and the origins/reasons for the Cold War. Hopefully luck will be on my side :D

absorber

HSC
Conflict in Europe; a) significance of El Alamein
b)Evaluate allied appeasement policy in attempting to prevent the outbreak of war in Europe in 1939

ajk92

HSC
Conflict in Europe; a) significance of El Alamein
b)Evaluate allied appeasement policy in attempting to prevent the outbreak of war in Europe in 1939
ohhhhhh man im hoping you are right. i could go to town on part b) :)

absorber

HSC
ohhhhhh man im hoping you are right. i could go to town on part b) :)
Hmm They may have been avoiding part B because of the obvious advantage it gives extension history students, but looking at the syllabus it makes sense

ajk92

HSC
Hmm They may have been avoiding part B because of the obvious advantage it gives extension history students, but looking at the syllabus it makes sense
why would it give ext hist students an advantage? i do ext hist and have no idea how itd help me....

and i dont think itll limit it to just el alamein....itd be a broader question like "to what extent was el alamein the major turning point" blah blah.....

absorber

HSC
why would it give ext hist students an advantage? i do ext hist and have no idea how itd help me....

and i dont think itll limit it to just el alamein....itd be a broader question like "to what extent was el alamein the major turning point" blah blah.....
Quite true, heheh. And for the half the ehist exam it's a case study, one of the available being appeasement in the lead-up to world war 2...Hence people like me would have a huge advantage

ajk92

HSC
Hhhmmm. Whatabout a question on the final 12 months of the war...."assess the significance of the final 12 months to the allied victory"

sunsettah

HSC
For Germany National Study, my teacher said they'll probably have you choose between a Weimar one and one about Nazi racial policy, or the army.

Anyone agree?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)