Your Picks for MH questions for 09 paper (1 Viewer)

Clifford

HSC
Hey Ana, for origins of the Cold War, would you go into the whole pre-Cold War Bolshevick Revolution, 1917, conflicting motives in latter part of the war, or just go straight from the conferences, emerging differences etc, and then say the Cold War officially began with the blockade or something like that?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hey Ana, for origins of the Cold War, would you go into the whole pre-Cold War Bolshevick Revolution, 1917, conflicting motives in latter part of the war, or just go straight from the conferences, emerging differences etc, and then say the Cold War officially began with the blockade or something like that?
Go straight, because some markers/other students would not have done the USSR as well as the Cold War :)

Aha, i reckon the Cold War was officially as soon as the Truman Doctrine in 1947 was announced but that's just my opinion :p

ajk92

HSC
Germany:
1) Assess the role of the depression in Hitler's Rise to power
2) Analyse the impact of Nazi ideology on foreign policy from 1933-1939

Conflict in Europe:
1) Assess the significance of the North Africa Campaign as a turning point in WWII
2) Account for Germany's military success up until 1941

TRUST. ME. these will be the questions
...i have insider knowledge...
If you are right I will backflip with joy haha.

mckensara

HSC
i really hope you guys aren't right with this army stuff!

i think that would be a really difficult question for them to ask...

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Wow, that would be an awesome essay! You'd just talk about the the Decree on party unity, the NEP, the Scissors Crisis and Stalin taking advantage of the Left V Right arguing :D

Come on origins of the Cold War! Be in there just for me :D
Wat.
Hmm, what textbook did u use for the scissors crisis? i dont think i see much on this stuff in my (older) HTA guide. I wrote notes on this dot point but errr, yeah.

tjo176

HSC
Me too; I refuse to do the army. More reassurnace that it wont be the army, please!

2AM_rendezvous

HSC
Conflict in Europe; a) significance of El Alamein
b)Evaluate allied appeasement policy in attempting to prevent the outbreak of war in Europe in 1939
i hope so! i reckon there is a big chance of El Alamein being asked

and for germany, foreign policy and changes in society

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
Hoping for some early Cold War question (up to 1968 I'm fine with), do not want anything to do with Detente. As for Russia, Stalin's rise to power (reasons for the rise) would be a great question (for me :p), though I wouldn't mind those totalitarianism Q's either. Thankfully nothing on five year plans (that was last year) and thus no collectivisation/industrialisation. Hate that topic.

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
Hi!~

In regards to Germany, our class has placed foremost priority on issues of German Militarism (1918-1939) and German Racial Policy. In retrospect, I could imagine that Nazi Foreign Policy could be a prominent possibility.

In essence, our class like many others effectively split the syllabus into five major exam components:
1) The Decline of the Weimar Republic
2) The Rise of Hitler and the Nazi Party
3) Totalitarian State under the Nazis
4) The Impact of Nazi Racial Policies until 1939
5) Foreign Policy (1933-1939)

With Modern History being such a multifarious subject, there are obviously lots of other key features that can be assessed within these categories.

Honestly, from my perspective, surviving the enormity of Modern History is a feat - congratulations to all of you hehe~

mocksock

HSC
N/A
fking hell, if they ask both questions abt the nazi's then im screwed. last years question. account for the successes & failures of democracy, was the best question ever

sunsettah

HSC
Germany:
1) Assess the role of the depression in Hitler's Rise to power
2) Analyse the impact of Nazi ideology on foreign policy from 1933-1939

Conflict in Europe:
1) Assess the significance of the North Africa Campaign as a turning point in WWII
2) Account for Germany's military success up until 1941

TRUST. ME. these will be the questions
...i have insider knowledge...

pls pls source your info? troll? trickery?

sunsettah

HSC
Help me :(

For the GERMANY national study, what order did these things happen in, I can't bloody remember!

1. Hyperinflation
2. Depression
3. Booming and provocative ecomony (run on short term loans)
4. Hitler's consolidation of rule of the Nazi party.
5. Stresemann's policies helping economy, but making people cranky.. especially the old 'kaiser's people'

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
December 1922 to August 1923 - Hyperinflation: This followed Germany's incapacity to pay back reparations and the subsequent Ruhr Crisis.

August to November 1923 - Stresemann's "Great Coalition" that was based on what many historians identify as "False prosperity." Threats of National Separatism provoked a state of emergency under Article 48.

1924 - The Dawes Plan (under Stresemann as foreign minister) provokes success economically but is based on foreign loans that had a very detrimental impact once the Great Depression hit.

1929 to 1933 - The Great Depression and the Nazi Party grows in popularity.

March 1933 - The Day of Potsdam where Hitler is made Chancellor

1933 to 1934 - The Consolidation of the Nazi totalitarian state (Gleichschaltung)

I hope that helps!~

Last edited:

xBecx

HSC
Germany: Role of the Army or the Weimar Republic.. maybe reasons for the collapse?

Indochina: Strategies and Tactics or maybe attempts at peace making. Yuck. Hate Indochina!

xBecx

HSC
Help me :(

For the GERMANY national study, what order did these things happen in, I can't bloody remember!

1. Hyperinflation
2. Depression
3. Booming and provocative ecomony (run on short term loans)
4. Hitler's consolidation of rule of the Nazi party.
5. Stresemann's policies helping economy, but making people cranky.. especially the old 'kaiser's people'

1,5,3,2,4. I think..

sunsettah

HSC
ahh thanks heaps! ha.

yeah i wish i could just retain information ive learnt.. it doesnt happen for me..

xBecx

HSC
lol. don't worry, I can't remember anything either. My brain decided school's over so therefore it's on holidays. =.= very frustrating

ixswans

HSC
My teacher wrote the exam for Cold War and Soviet Union (which is why she stopped teaching us after we did WWI) and before my Chem exam she said "Good luck for tomorrow - its going to be hard."

It was most probably a mind screw, but screwed with my mind it has.

=)=D

HSC
My teacher wrote the exam for Cold War and Soviet Union (which is why she stopped teaching us after we did WWI) and before my Chem exam she said "Good luck for tomorrow - its going to be hard."

It was most probably a mind screw, but screwed with my mind it has.

SHE'S SOO SCREWING WITH YOU .. omg i hope she is .. oh man why is there so much to learn?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)