AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
I screwed it up! damnit.. I think I practised too much. I shuda had a break.. And the room was cold so my hands couldn't do vibrato properly and violin kept going out of tune.. Anyway I got C+ :(

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
ahh C+ is alright.. that's what i got the most.. all the pressure and stress..

can't even do vibrato.. so there you go :)

Dr_Doom

HSC
but I thought you only got up to grade 3 violin.. Don't you need at least grade 5 violin + theory?

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
oh read wrong.. thought you meant exams.. after effects for studying too much.. going crossed eye =S

then no for both.. violin just 3rd, piano 8th, theory 5th :)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
jeniii said:
heey lol can some one please tell me all the rest of the .mus's after 8th grade? so confusing =/ oh and do you have to HAVE to do 6th grade theory for a.mus? >< its soo hard and so much effort and time needed. i thought 5th grade was needed and thats all =/
After Grade 8 you can do your: AMusA, LMusA and then FMusA respectively.
I think there might be some in between LmusA and FMusA but I am not sure. By the way this is based on instrumental/singing exams.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I used to play the piano... reached eighth grade last year and stopped because of the HSC starting in term 4. I got a B in that last exam, probably one of my better results, considering I averaged C's after grade 1. XD

lala2

Banned
HSC
Since I started my A.Mus.A. during December last year after the HSC, and what with uni and stuff I may not be able to attempt the exam for ages. I got Grade 8 in piano with A. The guy said I was a high enough A to be an A+ but my sight reading and aural just wasn't up to scratch enough to give me that :mad1: but otherwise I'm ok with it.

pacemanscoop

HSC
did 8th grade violin last week. got a c+. i so deserved more than that tho. oh well im skipping AMus and doing LMus and I have 2 do my 6th grade musicianship exam soon 2.

HSC
*bursts into tears* I have my piano AmusA exam tomorrow *crosses fingers for pass*

My teacher said that passing AmusA is a big achievement - she said that basically you need to be at an A level standard to pass :(

HSC
Whew! Exam is finished. It wasn't as bad as I feared - everything stayed together and the examiners seemed nice (although nice examiners often give out low marks for some reason).

And now I get to learn some free choice pieces :)))

I dont get my results back until two or three weeks time. Hope I passed :)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Silver Persian said:
(although nice examiners often give out low marks for some reason).
I agree!!!!!
Whenever I have a nice examiner, I imagine them sitting at their desk and writing evil comments on my exam sheet while I'm playing! Oh well might just be my musical insecurity or something.

bonnie04

HSC
i was going to do my AmusA for violin last year but i got lazy. but the hsc is this year, and obviously that comes first. so i'll be going for that next year. :)

bassguy

HSC
i did my 8th grade sax last year
got honors
which was good
just did my 5th grade musicianship
doing amus at the end of the year
im so very glad im doing it before the hsc year

HSC
*cries* I didnt pass :(

Although to be fair I think the comments the examiners wrote were true...I _really_ need to work on my pedalling more ._.

joanne289

HSC
I got my AMusA on piano last year, which was fortunate cos then i didn't have to worry about it in the HSC year (although i'm doing music 2 and ext) I did 8th grade two years before that and got an A+. I was pretty stoked with that!

Apart from that though, i have done 8th grade on violin (A), 8th grade on flute (A)- that was this year and I DID NOT think i was going to get that- and 6th on cello (B) two years ago. I've stopped everything now though to concentrate on HSC exams.

phatic

HSC
joanne289 said:
I got my AMusA on piano last year, which was fortunate cos then i didn't have to worry about it in the HSC year (although i'm doing music 2 and ext) I did 8th grade two years before that and got an A+. I was pretty stoked with that!

Apart from that though, i have done 8th grade on violin (A), 8th grade on flute (A)- that was this year and I DID NOT think i was going to get that- and 6th on cello (B) two years ago. I've stopped everything now though to concentrate on HSC exams.
Wow, that's very impressive. What are your plans post-HSC? A career in performance I'm guessing... :) Good luck with it all - it's great to see someone so strongly involved in music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)