AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

musicbunny

HSC
it's my exam in exactly one week's time... sooo nervous. hopefully i can get the exam over and done with and relax afterwards. i can't imagine how great it feels to finish your amus exam.
good luck with your exam, you'll do great :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
I had my AmusA piano exam today with grant foster and erzsebet marosszeky haha.
It was pretty bad and i kinda get the feeling that i failed. i had a major slip in my sonata and small mistakes everywhere! General knowledge was also really bad for me. the questions weren't that hard but i think i was just under-prepared.
I was actually surprised how the lady examiner only asked me general knowledge on 3/5 of my pieces! (she asked me questions on my debussy+prokofiev+bach pieces, nothing on chopin or haydn)
but anyway, my teacher says results out in 5 days so i'm hoping for the best

goodluck for yours next week!
Good luck :)
Don't worry if you fail :p I failed my piano Amus on the first time (however I was seriously underprepared)
It's not the end of the world, just do it again the next time you're able to :p

musicbunny

HSC
I had my AmusA piano exam today with grant foster and erzsebet marosszeky haha.
It was pretty bad and i kinda get the feeling that i failed. i had a major slip in my sonata and small mistakes everywhere! General knowledge was also really bad for me. the questions weren't that hard but i think i was just under-prepared.
I was actually surprised how the lady examiner only asked me general knowledge on 3/5 of my pieces! (she asked me questions on my debussy+prokofiev+bach pieces, nothing on chopin or haydn)
but anyway, my teacher says results out in 5 days so i'm hoping for the best

goodluck for yours next week!
Thanks! i've got Grant Foster as one of my examiners too. i'm sure your result will be fine :) . my teacher told me that if you've studied really hard on the baroque and classical pieces, the examiners won't ask you much on your other pieces.

musicbunny

HSC
Hey everyone!
i've finally done my amusa piano exam today. so, the examiners were really nice (i had Grant Foster and Gian Franco-Ricci), but i had a couple of slips in my sonata and i don't know if i've put in enough expression in my slow pieces, and in the general knowledge section (Grant Foster asked the questions) i didn't know the answers to some questions. does anyone think i have even the tiniest chance of passing? coz i'm pretty sure i failed, but i want to know if there's just any hope of me passing.

musicbunny

HSC
YES THERE IS HOPE!! I screwed up my sonata pretty badly but i received my results 2 days ago and passed :D
i actually don't know how they mark it bcos when i told my teacher i made a lot of mistakes, she was pretty sure i was going to fail haha. and i had grant foster tooo
so best wishes for your results!!!

Now im just deciding whether i should try for LmusA. But i'm in year 10 now and next year when i start year 11, school will be pretty busy so im not sure whether i'll have the time.
thanks for answering :) at least now i know my performance isn't a definite fail. my teacher's already asked if i should do Lmus, and i'm already learning 6th grade theory, so i probably will do it, but it's probably gonna take at least one and a half years to prepare.

Makematics

HSC
YES THERE IS HOPE!! I screwed up my sonata pretty badly but i received my results 2 days ago and passed :D
i actually don't know how they mark it bcos when i told my teacher i made a lot of mistakes, she was pretty sure i was going to fail haha. and i had grant foster tooo

Now im just deciding whether i should try for LmusA. But i'm in year 10 now and next year when i start year 11, school will be pretty busy so im not sure whether i'll have the time.
You should do it, literally everyone i know who says "i'll stop for yr11-12" and then do it again afterwards never ends up doing it. Not to mention you'll lose the skills required for LmusA

madharris

HSC
N/A
You should do it, literally everyone i know who says "i'll stop for yr11-12" and then do it again afterwards never ends up doing it. Not to mention you'll lose the skills required for LmusA
That's me!! :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

Holy crap, I had Grant Foster for my Grade 6 AMEB Examination too! I though I did badly in the exam, but I found out I passed! :)

P.S. I really don't like how the AMEB makes us wait for several days with our results. I much preferred when they used to just give me the result right after exam, it's way less stressful then it is now...

roarroar

HSC
N/A
guys you know what, i found out a way that it is extremely fast to learn an instrument and get AMEB grades fast. In mid year 2011, i started clarinet at a Chinese teaching place. His policy is that, you need to work hard and get good results. Last year i have completed the 5th grade exam (in 1 year) and in 2 weeks from today, i will be going for the 8th grade exam (2 years and a half). If you guys want to do an instrument, go to a Chinese teacher (that speaks english) and you will get a 8th grade Ameb certificate hopefully in 2 to 3 years. :D have fun

angelano33

HSC
I had my AmusA exam in Oct as well! and got erzsebet marosszeky as one of my examiners as well hahahaha :)

She looked quite strict and asked me some difficult questions

thought i was just gonna pass, but then i passed with DISTINCTION!!!

SO HAPPY hahaha

justaquestion

HSC
N/A
I am doing grade 2 exam soon and although it is a very low grade I feel like I won't pass. I'm REALLY nervous.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I am doing grade 2 exam soon and although it is a very low grade I feel like I won't pass. I'm REALLY nervous.
Haha, that was me too. Didn't practice that much, nek minut got an A.

In all seriousness, just go through what you have to revise for the exam - you'll be fine - besides it's only grade 2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)