AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Had my 6th grade clarinet exam recently and my teacher told me she looked my results up online and that I had got honours. Thus I am happy that my efforts have paid off, although I thought I didn't do too well in aural.

madharris

HSC
N/A
i just had my 4th grade exam, but haven't received my results yet cos they mail it to your teacher now :( Anyway I'm hoping for an A, but expecting a B+ :(((((

(I know this is an old thread), but how do you guys play scales quietly? The rest of my technical work went fine (minus the Bb major contrary) but I'm just curious.
Also, during my Bb chromatic (my favourite type of scale), I accented all the Bbs. I have no idea why I did that, but it was fun :LL but will they mark me down on it? My examiner was super nice so I hope she didn't
I assuming you mean for piano. I guessing the reason why you're not playing evenly is because of the shape of your hands when your play or else you haven't practiced enough. I don't think you will get marked down for it though, especially not in 4th grade. As long as you Played it correct and at an appropriate speed you should be fine

planino

HSC
I assuming you mean for piano. I guessing the reason why you're not playing evenly is because of the shape of your hands when your play or else you haven't practiced enough. I don't think you will get marked down for it though, especially not in 4th grade. As long as you Played it correct and at an appropriate speed you should be fine
Yeah I could have practised more, but I hadn't thought about the shape of my hand itself, only my wrists :L
That's a relief then :)

Had my 6th grade clarinet exam recently and my teacher told me she looked my results up online and that I had got honours. Thus I am happy that my efforts have paid off, although I thought I didn't do too well in aural.
Grats :) (Y)

HSC
Uni Grad
Honours is still great imo.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I fucked up my 4th Grade exam a few years ago and ended up with a C. I'm in 6th grade now and my next exam is at the end of 8th grade.

pianolover2

HSC
N/A
Took mine pretty recently and got an A for Grade 7. Before the exam I was freaking out about the aural part because it is so difficult but then I found AURALBOOK and decided to try it out. AURALBOOK is an app that you can use anytime, anywhere. It helps you test your listening skills. It's easy, free and fun! AURALBOOK is definitely the reason I did so well on my exams.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Took mine pretty recently and got an A for Grade 7. Before the exam I was freaking out about the aural part because it is so difficult but then I found AURALBOOK and decided to try it out. AURALBOOK is an app that you can use anytime, anywhere. It helps you test your listening skills. It's easy, free and fun! AURALBOOK is definitely the reason I did so well on my exams.
Congrats :)

I did Prelim-Grade 4 in AMEB Violin and I did Introductory-Grade 8 of AMEB Speech and Drama.

Verify

HSC
sounds like you were paid to say that hahaha

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I did piano grade 1-4 but was pretty much self taught. I never got an A :( but I remember it was C, B+, B, C for grade 1-4, respectively. lol.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I did piano grade 1-4 but was pretty much self taught. I never got an A :( but I remember it was C, B+, B, C for grade 1-4, respectively. lol.
My music grades got progressively lower as time went on haha :p That's why I stopped doing the exams before they went down too much and played for fun :p (I really didn't have time with vocational ballet, hola Pre Primary-Advanced 2 repping)

But Speech and Drama, mostly A+s except for the crazy lady that said I was too young to be doing whatever grade I was (both times respectively), so I got about three As.

Wow! That's quite the achievement.
Cheers, if I wasn't so busy with ballet back then, I should have gotten my Diploma in S&D to get fancy smance initials after my name.

madharris

HSC
N/A
My music grades got progressively lower as time went on haha :p
Sounds like you needed a better teacher or just to practice more if that was happening :p

Your grades should have in fact been getting better as you you're past learning how to play the instrument and on to perfecting your technique and sound :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like you needed a better teacher or just to practice more if that was happening :p

Your grades should have in fact been getting better as you you're past learning how to play the instrument and on to perfecting your technique and sound :p
Well you see what happened, I had the same or maybe even non existant practice by the end, so as exam expectations were raised on the same amount of effort, well you can see the trend.

S&D grades remained solid, ballet was pretty solid through all the grades except the last exam I did was pretty tough marked, and I had to dance next to a girl that was brought over from Japan on a *full* ballet scholarship so um haha, bad person to have to stand next to. (Super ballerina she was haha, made my adage lines look so weak in comparison)

nojess

HSC
I got honours for grade 7 saxophone, but I had to stop at the start of year 11 when I decided not to do music for my hsc. It was too hard to balance it all. Massive regret! I totally miss it and it sucks knowing that if I'd kept going I would have finished my amus by now :(

musicbunny

HSC
i don't know if anyone still uses this thread, but i just have to say something. i'm gonna do my piano amusa exam in two weeks time, and i'm already getting nervous. last week i was able to practice my pieces through really well, but up until this week, little things in my pieces have been going downhill, e.g. trills and other ornaments in my sonata, a really fast passage in my fugue. i used to be able to play these things really well. my teacher told me to only do slow practice, and i did, but i'm still really scared. i haven't been able to play very well and i'm dreading the exam day.
also, does anyone have an idea on mainly what the examiners will ask you for general knowledge? i've been learning my general knowledge, but i'm really scared that i might forget an important thing on the day.
usually my grades are high and my teacher says that i will pass, but i'm not entirely convinced because of my recent practices.

soupgivesmewings

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm new on this forum, and i really hope you guys can help me
Im doing my LMUSa Violin exam tomorrow and i'm really stressed and freaking out. I have John Quaine and Wendy Lorenz (anyone had them? Are they nice?)
Also, what general knowledge questions are they likely to ask?
thanks,
Soup

soupgivesmewings

HSC
hey Musibunny,
Don't worry about it,
I did my Amusa Piano last year and all those little things that have been going "wrong" are just due to stress. I find that i get really nervous waiting outside the exam room, and then when i actually start playing, it's ok. i've had trouble with general knowledge, but i'm pretty sure it's not too prominent part of exam. Main thing is your playing.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be amazing :)
xxx
Soup

soupgivesmewings

HSC
Anyone there? Please help lmus a violin and i'm really nervous.
Examiners: John quaine and wendy lorenz
luv ya
please help,
please
i'm begging you
xxxx
soup

Makematics

HSC
you'll be fine brah. your teacher should be able to help you out with whatever general knowledge you need. just dont stress out too much and kill the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)