Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I go north shore for 3u maths and english.

Stay for the math.

Leave for the english.

Anyone know any GOOD physics places?
How much is tutoring- 3u maths? Do they cover the 2u topics as well? I was thinking of attending tutoring next year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
How much is tutoring- 3u maths? Do they cover the 2u topics as well? I was thinking of attending tutoring next year.
Usually separate bills, I think.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I go north shore for 3u maths and english.

Stay for the math.

Leave for the english.

Anyone know any GOOD physics places?
Either Matrix or Prior.

For Matrix, DJ is apparently awesome.

Lea Nguyen

HSC
I go to Terry Lee in Bankstown, its cheap and hes really fantastic, i think he used to be a past HSC marker and thats for maths (there are no 2U classes).

For english, i go to this place on the same street as Terry Lee (mark my words, its a long street) and the teachers name is Zenna- she's brilliant and funny too.

Linee

HSC
lindaguo said:
There are some great ones and some terrible ones. By the way what do youall think about the older ones like Preuni, James an and Nth shore??

Are they as terrible as people say?
They might not be as good as Prior but at least they are cheaper

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
adidasboy said:
I think it's $32/lesson. My class only has 2 people in it, so it's pretty much worth it. I think they do cover 2u lessons, as they covered 2u calculus, but the focus is essentially on 3u core topics (parametrics etc).

lyounamu said:
Either Matrix or Prior.

For Matrix, DJ is apparently awesome.
Isn't Matrix expensive though?

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I think it's $32/lesson. My class only has 2 people in it, so it's pretty much worth it. I think they do cover 2u lessons, as they covered 2u calculus, but the focus is essentially on 3u core topics (parametrics etc).

It's very expensive.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yes, it's expensive but this tutoring is one of the best you can attend. But I am not advertising for this college, I am just expressing my opinion.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

Just signed up for it, do you have to do a test so they can put you into a class?
If so, I should start studying maths :eek:
what centre/days/time do you go =P

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
Just signed up for it, do you have to do a test so they can put you into a class?
what days/time do you go =P
you applied northshore? I heard that it's poor...

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
What about Truong? Does anyone go there? Is it any good? Has anyone improved there?

-tal-

HSC
nerdsforever said:
What about Truong? Does anyone go there? Is it any good? Has anyone improved there?
My friends goes (maths & ext1). I've seen the stuff he gives them - it's not too hard. Heard he's a very strict teacher (also the type that's big on old fashioned values)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
adidasboy said:
what centre/days/time do you go =P
Nah you don't do a test. They just put you into a class and you just learn from there. I use to go to a centre in the Western Area, but I don't anymore. I go on Saturdays from 9 - 12:30

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Ahh .. just ask the-derivative, he goes there. I actually know about 5 people who go there. His work is at an alright standard, but he yells at students a lot. So be prepared for some abuse when you go to his classes :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
Holy shit - there are other Truong's people here too? I go too. :p

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Ahh .. just ask the-derivative, he goes there. I actually know about 5 people who go there. His work is at an alright standard, but he yells at students a lot. So be prepared for some abuse when you go to his classes :)
What happens when the students start talking back? :eek:

5233andy

HSC
I don't go to Troung (Not eligible - 3U Maths minimum) but based on what I've heard, he's one of those individuals who seem to value their institution more than the actual school that the student attends. In other words, he expects his work to completed regardless of the workload that you already have on top of school. Yes, homework is essential for your education, but there comes an extent where individuals must realise that out of school tuition is designed to supplement your knowledge. In Troung's case, it is the other way around. Though I do support his old fashion methods of maintaining strict control of the class, he, too has to realise that the students that attend his institution have considerable workloads from school.

This doesn't apply solely to Troung, other institutions seem fall down the same trap, if you could call it that.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
12o9 said:
I'm guessing Bo is one of them x)..

He doesn't seem to yell as much these days lol. well I don't think he does.
LOL. Yup she sure is. So many people go to Truongs though. He's one popular Viet.

Continuum said:
What happens when the students start talking back? :eek:
He'd prolly rage back at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)