Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
I've enrolled for talent 100. Does anyone here know when classes begin? I heard that its beginning on the 30th but i'm not sure. Also, has anyone benefited with talent100?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I've enrolled for talent 100. Does anyone here know when classes begin? I heard that its beginning on the 30th but i'm not sure. Also, has anyone benefited with talent100?
hmmm not sure about year 10 classes, but yr 12 classes started on the 17th...
i started talent100 just before term 4 last year, and ive witnessed some pretty good things there, the notes are very concise and clearly follows syllabii dotpoints, the tutors are all recent ex-students that get uai's of 100 or just below, you might find that good or bad considering that theyre not real life teachers, however the tutors are really smart and more importantly have pretty good communication skills. the best thing however is the small class sizes, at max you'll find 13 people (normally in english), though most of the times its less than 10, if youre lucky like me, there are classes with only 2 people, like my maths class, 3hrs of MX1 tutoring with a fellow classmate, with fully personalised tutoring. physics is also another gem, only around 4 or 5 people. the homework can get to be a pain in the neck if you leave it to the last minute, its set out in a HSC exam style, which is pretty good, but can get pretty hard at times, normally top students get in the 70-80% range for physics and chem. Overall, pretty good, though youre gonna have to put a lot of your own hard work in as well if you truly wanna succeed.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
ahhazzz.. i was about to enrol to Talent 100
but i found out they're moving to Epping in the middle of the year
(Epping is too far)
yea true, i hear its moving mid-march, gonna be a hassle for me but what the heck...

b3li3v3r

HSC
N/A
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Pre-Uni New College :p

Nahh pre-uni is only good in primary years, like for kids getting ready for OC or Selective. James An too. Yeah their results for selective school are freakyy! Everyone in my school went pre-uni for primary.

lisarhh

HSC
zena diab?
yeah, i think she's talking abt zena :) cause zena teaches up the street at this woman's place called Linda. I go to terry lee except i get taught by his daughter, and i go to zena diab as well :D

Btw hey viv, and i thought you'd be rooting for tipps as the best tutoring place.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
is it? well a principal tutors me for english... does that count?
How does that work? Isn't it disallowed for any teacher/staff from your school to tutor or provide you with extra assistance if it provides you with an unfair advantage over other students? And why would any Principal tutor people from another school?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
How does that work? Isn't it disallowed for any teacher/staff from your school to tutor or provide you with extra assistance if it provides you with an unfair advantage over other students? And why would any Principal tutor people from another school?
It isn't disallowed - as long as it is the student who asks for it, that any student who wants to join in is allowed and the teachers aren't getting paid for it and it is during school hours. For example, some of the teachers at my school hold extra lessons for General Mathematics students who are struggling, and the teacher doesn't even teach the class.

As for the principal - some principals obviously are money orientated. Therefore - they'd probably tutor because they want the extra cash and can attract students due to their position as a principal. However, as you said - most principals have pride in their school and wouldn't tutor other students from other schools.

xMaFF

HSC
I go to James An College.

It's OK. I'm learning heaps there.
One thing that stands out the most to me is that we do most things 2 months in advance to my normal class at school.

So by the time we study it at school, I would have already done something closely similar to it at JAC.

The teachers there are great too.
My favourite is my science teacher.
She claimed to have a Ph.D in Physics and was a lecturer at UTS
(University Tech. Syd.)

Despite these good features, I feel like I need more 1-on-1 time with the teacher.
That's why, I think I'll get a private tutor for Yr.11 and 12.

To sum things up, James An College is pretty good.

cafii

HSC
hey guys,

i'm looking for a job teaching at a tutoring place, uni is making me broke lol.

i need some suggestions from you guys:

which tutoring college do you think pays the tutors the most money? =P

hehehe

HiHaii

HSC
What about Selective Vision Coaching College
would that be one if the best?

CecilyMare

HSC
This can't be disallowed. It doesn't make sense if it were to be disallowed, because people obviously get different teachers all over the state for the same subject, and those teachers can vary from shit to THE shit.

So .. you know what I mean..?

And plus, heaps of people ask for assistance when they're stuck on questions etc. Never seen a teacher refuse for the sake it being apparently 'disallowed'.

r3d3mption

Banned
HSC
Talent100 gets their good decents to boast and express their biased views of talent100. I reckon people would be better off getting a private tutor. Costs about the same and you get 1on1. Also the notes they make are totally based off previous HSC papers and other school's papers. So if you can just get papers you don't need talent100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)