Most fun car for <$10'000? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
How much fun can you have for <$10'000?

Aside from price, reliability and RWD are the major criteria, but I'm willing to concede that some FWD hot hatches could be a laugh. Doesn't have to be P's legal.

The only things I can think of are the mx5 or mr2. I don't know anything about what old hot hatches or European cars are good. Are any of the cheap, older BMW's any good?

edit: I won't be buying this immediately, so feel free to go a bit over the low price limit to things that will soon depreciate.

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
anything from the tonka range, personally i find the dump trucks most useful and practical

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What's wrong with an mx5? I'd say 2nd gen mr2's are worse cars.

It's got all the engine I need, I'm coming off 600cc motorbikes, so any car is completely flat for acceleration.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
datto 1600
with CA18DET

pick them up for 8-10 depending on body an how much has been done to the engine.
fucking weapons

dolbinau

HSC
My friend has two (strangely) older BMW E36s, the 4 door sedan and 2 door coupé (the one with the long back). I think it depends what you consider 'fun' out of a car but the sedan is pretty boring (stylistically, speed etc..) and any generic Holden Commodore within the last 10 years would probably be more luxurious :p, the coupé seems cooler but I doubt it's particularly fast either..

For under <10k my brother is into 'mini trucks', lulz, some strange word for modified utes (usually the imports) with air bags, rims, shaved doors etc.. (Somewhat ricer in style I suppose) which although slow, seem pretty fun. But I suppose these are kind of project cars..

I don't know. Again, I suppose there is a lot of ways to get 'fun' out of a car so what do you consider 'fun'?

And the MX5 is considered a 'girls' car. I think there is actually a definition on Urbandictionary.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bowman said:
datto 1600
with CA18DET

pick them up for 8-10 depending on body an how much has been done to the engine.
fucking weapons
I like this idea.

dolbinau said:
And the MX5 is considered a 'girls' car. I think there is actually a definition on Urbandictionary.
And every car journalist in the world says they're amazing.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
so what if it's considered a girls car. its a fun car to drive

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
it's the car that most poofs drive. MX5.
my mates gay brother drives one. they are a hunk of shit

yeah get a mini truck as well, then u can drag ur chassis to nothing!!! then u can go drift draging. hell fun

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
1st gen MX-5

Edit: Anyone who says they're a girls car is a closet fag who has no confidence in their own sexuality.

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
1st gen MX-5

Edit: Anyone who says they're a girls car is a closet fag who has no confidence in their own sexuality.
It's a girl car. ;)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, I can be a stoic gentleman and drive a lowered VS commodore rolling on sick 19's.

Or I could be a bit of a fruit and drive a car that's actually good.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, all the 1st gen rx7's are such beautifull cars, but since I'm not an expert rotary mechanic it's probablly a bad idea to ever own one. If they made a car with the same body with a piston engine I'd snap it up in a second.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah, Rx-7s are great but even if you buy one for $5000 it will cost more than $10,000. And yes, I mean exactly what I just said.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah great cars, awesome power.
but fucked.

RX3 with a 13b.... oh dream car.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Of course. You can get all sorts of flash old jags, bmw's, mercedes, for next to nothing, but the purchase price is just the downpayment.

Hmm... I see I could get a 200sx or similar nissan turbo cars, assuming I can find one that hasn't been thrashed to death. Anyone driven one? Any good?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
s14's are sick cars.
yeah its hard to find one not thrashed, but hey. just fix it.
nothing is un fixable?

F2001

HSC
PwarYuex said:
It's a girl car. ;)
breaking said:
mx5? hahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahaha you big girl
dolbinau said:
My friend has two (strangely) older BMW E36s, the 4 door sedan and 2 door coupé (the one with the long back). I think it depends what you consider 'fun' out of a car but the sedan is pretty boring (stylistically, speed etc..) and any generic Holden Commodore within the last 10 years would probably be more luxurious :p, the coupé seems cooler but I doubt it's particularly fast either..

For under <10k my brother is into 'mini trucks', lulz, some strange word for modified utes (usually the imports) with air bags, rims, shaved doors etc.. (Somewhat ricer in style I suppose) which although slow, seem pretty fun. But I suppose these are kind of project cars..

I don't know. Again, I suppose there is a lot of ways to get 'fun' out of a car so what do you consider 'fun'?

Hey girls,
YouTube - LS1 miata from a stop
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7G3oG_PA8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)