Feeling Guilty (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
Hey i feel reali bad , because i havent did much work these holidais, i was planning to to my pd , chem and legal notes for the first topic, and ive only done 3/4 of my pd notes and a feww maths exercises but thats about it. i just feel really awfull seriously. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

kara42

HSC
YES.

Except I haven't done ANY, I hate myself.
I can't do it.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
theres still around 2 weeks left,
if u just apply urselves even just for 1 week, i'm sure u'll feel really good and no guilty at all

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
^^ i agree, who cares, in a way you have provided yourself a better motivator, guilt, one of the greatest motivators of all. 2 weeks = 14 days for 3 topics you can do that, don't be scared, i bet there will be people on here the first few days before school goes back repeating this same thing and then some, eg i know people that haven't even read our english text yet. So you won't in any case be alone in this.

HSC
At least you're not doing this now rather than in the 2 weeks before the HSC Exams

yummy-cookies

HSC
same with me...i've barely started working on my homework, let alone put in 'study'. guess i'll have to work super hard these two weeks!

selablad

HSC
I haven't opened a school book since term ended. Or done anything remotely related to school (I lie - I watched Pride and Prejudice the other day...it's one of our English texts, so that's study, right?) But then again I didn't get any holiday homework or anything, and year 12 hasn't even started for me (I don't even have any textbooks), so I guess it's vaguely okay. I'll work hard when school starts. Promise.

Sayangliss

HSC
youngminii said:
I'm kicking myself.
So is my brother and my mother.
Can I join in too, Cho? ^^

Yeah I'm feeling guilty, but it doesn't seem to make me do anything about it though...... >.<

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
This is the most work I've done in any holidays but I still feel that I won't accomplish enough during these holidays.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Heh, no offense sannous, if you reckon that other people being 'in the same boat' as you will make you better.....you're only deluding yourself. ;)

jennieTalia

HSC
Enjoy the break. Just be willing to work harder later on.
Most of the teachers for me last year were like "take this as a holiday, because you won't be getting one for a lonnnggg time". Amusing, I think.

zaqwerty

HSC
I was this way 2 weeks before the HSC started and I still went fine. Try and get any homework you've been given done, and read any English texts, but don't worry too much about the notes. You're better off writing notes as you go anyway, and constantly revising, or you'll just forget it all.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
jennieTalia said:
Enjoy the break. Just be willing to work harder later on.
Most of the teachers for me last year were like "take this as a holiday, because you won't be getting one for a lonnnggg time". Amusing, I think.
and how very true it was! i spent all the subsequent holidays on major works gah.
by all means do whatever work you want during these holidays, but don't feel too guilty about it, just work hard during the year and you'll be fine :)

MrDimple

HSC
i think im feeling guilty to, i havnt done much note taking and making notes for bio and physics, as engineering i dunno what to do, but i keep saying i will do it but, but i havnt damn procrastination.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It's OKAY.
Not doing some work in a holiday doesn't affect you much. Enjoy this hol and work from then.

zaqwerty

HSC
MrDimple said:
this is really interesting, ive seen this done and this is a interesting way of avoiding procrastination.
It worked for me. I wrote half my notes as I learnt the info this year, then got lazy and had to catch up and write the last half in a couple of weeks. The first half I knew in great detail, I could still tell you everything. But the second half was crammed in at the last minute and I forget every bit of it, and I'm sure that showed in my exams.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy the holidays, it's what I did. If you do a little bit (i only did about 1 hr of solid work per day during the T4 holidays), then you'll be ok. Even if you havent, you've still got the first few weeks of year 12 to settle, unless your assesments start straight after.

RELAX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)