• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Internal transfer from kuring-gai to city + exemptions from UWS business course? (2 Viewers)

anomynouss

HSC
So i have 2 main questions, first i've got into the kuring gai campus for bachelor of business, though i was hoping for the city campus. Is it hard to do an internal transfer after a semester/year?

Also I've done first year at UWS doing the bachelor of business and commerce, I've completed:
-Marketing Pricniples
-Accounting information for managers
- Business Academic skills
- principles of economics
- Introduction to business Law
- Management Dynamics
and Statistics for business (I failed Financial Accounting Applications)

and am hoping to major in accounting and/or finance. So which subjects exempt me from redoing it in the UTS course?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
It isn't that hard.. with decent marks (say credit average), you will be able to transfer internally easily.

You should get exemptions for:
- Marketing Foundations
- Accounting for Business
- Economics for Business
- Business Law and Ethics
- Managing People and Organisations
- Business Statistics

maka

HSC
You should note that some majors are only offered in the City but are still available to Kuringai based students.

In that case, you will be able to study on the City campus without making a formal internal transfer.

You should check the UTS timetable against the majors you wish to complete and see where the subjects are held.

Huratio, isnt all of the UTS Business faculty moving to the City in 2010?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Huratio, isnt all of the UTS Business faculty moving to the City in 2010?
According to this link, that move won't happen until 2013:
UTS: Information for students - University of Technology, Sydney

"The University wishes to assure students and potential students that current Kuring-gai offerings will continue at Kuring-gai until end-2012. It is also important to note that under the rules of the University, and in particular Rule 3.6 the University undertakes to make reasonable practicable arrangements to allow students already enrolled in courses that are being altered or closed, to complete the courses within normal time parameters for the course. The University would adhere to such an approach if any courses were to be transferred from Kuring-gai to the City from 2013 at the earliest."

anomynouss

HSC
thanks guys!

i enrolled this afternoon, and came across a question where it asked me if i'd like my classes at the ultimo campus, or the kuring-gai campus. obviosuly wanting to stay in the city, i selected the ultimo classes. im quite suprised this question was asked. do you guys know if this means most of my classes will be at city, or only the ones not offered at kuringgai? im doing an accounting/finance major and theyre offered at kuringgai, so how would that go?

however i will need to go to the kuringgai campus to enrol as well as complete the form for exemption etc, but i am booked in for an intro and tour session for the city campus. anyone know exactly what that means? (the preference of location of classes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)