• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering and Commerce? (1 Viewer)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Just wondering can you double degree engineering with commerce?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dont worry about uni at the momment. you havent done half of year 12 yet.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
truue dude, but like i want to know what i want to do though! Whats the best uni for it

and mate above from this i can learn how high to aim t

thanks everyone that replied=)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
i was just wondering whats the best uni for this degree?

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
i was talking to some people and they said there is no point in doing this degree as engineering and commerece have no relationship!

Is that true??

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
uts if u want good grades
Hey, don't be presumptuous about his intelligence or motivations. I know plenty of people in UNSW engineering with D or HD averages, those who barely scrap passes or fail altogether are the ones who are too lazy to try because they have no interest in what they're doing.

i was talking to some people and they said there is no point in doing this degree as engineering and commerece have no relationship!

Is that true??
Part of engineering is being able to sell what you're building. Knowing about what kind of things are in demand in the market helps you decide whether a project is worth pursuing. Knowing how your product is produced can help with commerce as well. The only better thing you could combine commerce with is law, but not everyone is interested in doing that. Of course, if you just want a job in the big 4 and nothing else like a lot of commerce students, don't bother with engineering.

Last edited:

BigDk

HSC
Hey, don't be presumptuous about his intelligence or motivations. I know plenty of people in UNSW engineering with D or HD averages, those who barely scrap passes or fail altogether are the ones who are too lazy to try because they have no interest in what they're doing.

Part of engineering is being able to sell what you're building. Knowing about what kind of things are in demand in the market helps you decide whether a project is worth pursuing. Knowing how your product is produced can help with commerce as well. The only better thing you could combine commerce with is law, but not everyone is interested in doing that.

commerce dont teach you how to sell things. LOL

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
The entire marketing major is about how to sell things.

edit: I'm using a broader definition of "selling" which is a synonym for marketing (getting people interested in what you're doing, selling an idea, etc). Not selling hot dogs in a cricket match by yelling at the top of your lungs kind of selling. Sorry about the ambiguity.

Last edited:

age1

HSC
N/A
i was just wondering whats the best uni for this degree?
hai im starting engineering/business this year at uts..uai cut off was 86.3..could of done it at unsw but they dont offer the internship which gives you valuable work experience..also uts has more practical work...or so i am told:)....if u want to get into management positions in the engineering industry..this is the way to go ( so they do link)

Miner

HSC
..if u want to get into management positions in the engineering industry..this is the way to go ( so they do link)
Who told you that? There are much better ways to get into management than a double undergraduate degree. Ask the kind of companies you'd hope to work for later on and see what they have to say on the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)