• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ursula Hall (1 Viewer)

bluemonday

HSC
I've been reading a lot of negative comments re. Ursies. I was quite glad to get in, as it seems great on paper.

Could someone please clarify these issues:

1. Is it true that you'll be told off for drinking at 8-10pm on week nights?

2. Do they really have set/compulsory study periods?

3. Is it really full of people who keep to themselves?

I just need to know if it's all good, or I'm going to be living Revenge of the Nerds style. I don't mean being more academically committed is a problem, unless the social opportunities suffer.

Cheers

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It's a good college, I wouldn't worry. The people there are quite studious, but no more studious then residents at Bruce. It just tends to get a bad rep because it's quite small. 1) and 2) are rumours and are completely untrue, it's an ANU owned college and the ANU doesn't have the right to micromanage anyone's lives like that. As to 3), I think you'll find that because it's a small college everyone gets to know each other very fast. I've found Ursies people are no less social than others, there are just less of them!

bluemonday

HSC
Lol, but we can drink after 10.00, right?
Only wine with cheese and crackers:)

Thanks neo o, doesn't sound bad at all. I'm not a huge drinker anyway, I just don't like the idea of the restrictions being there anyway.

What's it like having the sink in college rooms? Does it make the room smell?

I'm getting paranoid now, but the acceptance site here:

https://apollo.anu.edu.au/default.asp?pid=3448

Definately works right? It said it went through fine, but I need more confirmation :/

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I'm getting paranoid now, but the acceptance site here:

https://apollo.anu.edu.au/default.asp?pid=3448

Definately works right? It said it went through fine, but I need more confirmation :/
Yea I know what you mean, like an email confirmation would be good and make me feel better. But they must know people worry because it specifically says not to contact them. lol

I’m hoping the enrolment pack arrives Tuesday, so I know it’s all confirmed.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
What's it like having the sink in college rooms? Does it make the room smell?
as long as you exercise some common sense regarding what goes in the sink, and keep it reasonably clean, it won't cause you any problems.

blacksunset

HSC
oh dear. i hate to sound mean, but im giggling to myself...the things people come up with.... no your room does not smell.
you have the ability to take care of your room. if you dont want it to smell, it wont.

bluemonday

HSC
oh dear. i hate to sound mean, but im giggling to myself...the things people come up with.... no your room does not smell.
you have the ability to take care of your room. if you dont want it to smell, it wont.
I'm glad that my question provided you with some amusement blacksunset:haha:

I just thought that some smells might come out of the pipe, but I imagine a plug would solve that issue:)

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)