what to do with b eco major (2 Viewers)

cybermage

HSC
(i was too lazy to make an account, i did hsc in 2008 my brother did it bak in 2005)

im doing b com / b eco and im wondering what major to do for eco, ive heard from people that "econometric methods"is an extremely hard course, but any form of "econometric method" is required in all economic courses except "economic history"

therefore I put forth 2 questions
1- is econometrics really that hard, also wondering about the difficulty "financial econometrics" which is required in financial economics

2- what is the job prospects for economic history (if they have any, which i would think is extremely narrow/few)

thanks alot in advance

tempco

HSC
Econometrics isn't really hard, just pay attention during Intro Metrics and you'll do fine. Fins Metrics course deals with metrics in a financial setting, so it's basically an extension of what you learn in Intro Metrics and Econometric Methods. It's very heavy with the metrics, but not too in depth and is one of the easier metrics subjects (IMO).

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
2- what is the job prospects for economic history (if they have any, which i would think is extremely narrow/few)

thanks alot in advance
Eco history is probably the most wishy-washy eco major at unsw. I was planning on doing it but decided against it on financial eco instead. Read the online handbook to better inform yourself of the courses the major requires.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
intro econometrics is one of the easiest econ courses available imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)