Business Information Technology - COMP1911 vs COMP1917? (2 Viewers)

theirishman04

HSC
Hey,

I was just wondering what the difference between the two courses are. I will be a Business Information Technology scholar in 2009 and am contemplating doing the higher computing course. I did both IPT and SDD and have prior programming experience. Which course should I enrol in?

(Can BIT students enrol in the higher computing course??)

Thanks!

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
I would highly recommend that you take higher computing. BITs don't have to do more computing subjects after first year, but in case you're interested in taking more, you'll have to go through an extra subject (1911->1921->1927 instead of just 1917->1927) before you can take 2nd or 3rd year comp electives.

nexu

HSC
i would suggest trying 1917if you have any interest in computing at all

for me, i did 1911 as they only told us that higher was for people with some experience in computing. now i kinda regret not having taken the higher stream as the lower was damn easy for me and now if i intend to do 2911, ill have to do 1927 which is kind of a waste. luckily im IT placed in Atlassian so i'm learning OO/java now anyways :)

of course, some people totally cant grasp the concept of computing and fall behind easily which isn't good. so depends, do you like or thing you could like programming? also christine could probably let you do 1911->1927

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)