Raise the driving age, says judge (1 Viewer)

Agreed?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boxes

Banned
HSC
ever notice that you NEVER hear about non p plater accidents?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
People die from shit all the time, who gives a shit.

~3500 people a year die from deaths caused directly by alcohol.

1 slut gets a bad pill, carks it, and it makes national headlines, the parents are in the media hysterical, crying that the cops don't do enough about the evil ecstasy.

L-esky

HSC
"The road was actually subject to an 80km/h limit."

I like how they failed to mention that though the road was subject to an 80 km/h limit, at the time of the accident '100 km/h' was still written across the road as the limit had only recently been changed.

L-esky

HSC
He was a red P-Plater with a 90km/h speedlimit.

He was fucked either way.
Oh, I realise that, I just like the way they try to make it sound as though he should have been driving 80 km/h, when really all the indications on the road were saying he could drive faster than that.
I'm not saying he's innocent of speeding or anything, I just find it interesting how the media skew their reports.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
fuckin shit ay. i got done when he was sitting behind a truck. Had his lights on before i saw the bitch.

It's cool how you break the law and compromise the safety of other road users, as well as adding to the statistics stacking up against p-platers (which will inevitably make life harder for us with new restrictons) and yet, you complain about someone just doing their job by pulling you over.

I wish I could be more like you.

zstar

HSC
N/A
The answer is to build cars that have speed restrictions and safety features.

I can't believe these car companies don't ever think of these ideas.

Instead of making so many gas guzzlers it should be up to them to make cars that prevent accidents.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Even with speed restrictions cars still need to be able to go at least 110km/h... it would only eliminate speeding related crashed on highways.

If there was a decent market for cars with speed restrictions then car companies would make them.

DownInFlames

Token Member
HSC
On Topic:

I thought that was why they added the tougher L - P conditions: 120 hours supervised driving and a harder test. So it takes longer for L platers to progress to their Ps and if they still get them at 17, they've at least had a decent amount of driving experience. Cause if they increased the age, there'd be a backlash from the affected people.

That said, I'm still annoyed that I drive more responsibly (and also more smoothly) than a friend on their greens, yet if I go 1km over the speed limit in my driving test I'll fail. Fuck fuck fuck. I guess them's the breaks.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
K so you limit cars to 110, there are still gonna be retards who drive 110 on 60 roads and die. Speeding doesnt cause accidents, being irressponsible does. I drove home from katt's this evening doing 120 or so the whole way, did I crash? Of course not, because it's a multi-lane highway.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
K so you limit cars to 110, there are still gonna be retards who drive 110 on 60 roads and die.
You could easily set it to limit it to the specific speed of the road via a GPS system.

Still a retarded idea, because it would be really easy to bypass or manipulate for anyone who wanted to drive faster, it raises issues with what you do to older unrestricted cars, and I generally dislike cars getting more complicated, more expensive to own and maintain. Passive safety features are cool, but complicated and unnecessary active safety features should not be mandated.

Mandatory complicated electronic systems punish the poor who have to drive them when the cars are older and the systems start to fail, and they have to pay to get them fixed to keep the cars on the road.

Speeding doesnt cause accidents, being irressponsible does.
But yeah, you've got the main objection there.
Speeding isn't what causes road deaths, the governments obsession with speeding is over the top.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's because their customers would think they were fags. The motor industry needs the petrolhead customers as much as anything. The industry is run by juvenile little boys, for juvenile little boys with fantasy's of burning off into the sunset, impressing your mates with the size of your engine.

How do you think Holdens customers would react to the news the company are going to fit speed limiters to new SS utes and force them to be good boys and follow the rules?

Or even better, try fitting speed limiters to new Harley Davidsons. Even Honda would get smashed if their customers were told to accept speed limiters on their type-r models. The motor industry thrives on promoting aggressive driving to it's customers. Even if their customers obey the law, they want their customers to feel that by buying their cars, they'll appear to be confident, powerful individuals. It works because most people feel so very powerless in their everyday lives. The vast majority of V8's sold in this country are unnecessary. Turbo's are pretty much pointless. Hell, most people would struggle to justify a V6.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
It's because their customers would think they were fags. The motor industry needs the petrolhead customers as much as anything. The industry is run by juvenile little boys, for juvenile little boys with fantasy's of burning off into the sunset, impressing your mates with the size of your engine.

How do you think Holdens customers would react to the news the company are going to fit speed limiters to new SS utes and force them to be good boys and follow the rules?

Or even better, try fitting speed limiters to new Harley Davidsons. Even Honda would get smashed if their customers were told to accept speed limiters on their type-r models. The motor industry thrives on promoting aggressive driving to it's customers. Even if their customers obey the law, they want their customers to feel that by buying their cars, they'll appear to be confident, powerful individuals. It works because most people feel so very powerless in their everyday lives. The vast majority of V8's sold in this country are unnecessary. Turbo's are pretty much pointless. Hell, most people would struggle to justify a V6.
Agreed, repped

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Although some people may disagree, in some situations it is most definitely necessary to exceed the speed limit, being stuck behind a truck with no vision in front of you is not a fun place to be, and if I have to do 120 in a 100 to get passed him, I'm going to.

DownInFlames

Token Member
HSC

Instead of making so many gas guzzlers it should be up to them to make cars that prevent accidents.

This won't prevent accidents. Cars don't cause accidents in the first place, people do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)