Semester 1 Timetables (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
You can drop anything you want online without getting department permission as long as it's before the online changes cutoff date... Don't bother letting them know in writing.

I need to find a way to get rid of maths at 8am.

Last edited:

witide

HSC
Updated it. My INFO lecture on Tuesday was the only available time, so I'm stuck with it there.

maz5

HSC
If I keep on changing my timetable for say 30mins until I get something I like- does it work like that?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
If I keep on changing my timetable for say 30mins until I get something I like- does it work like that?
yeah
i've been working on mine for about that long
just make sure to screencap it or something once you're happy with it

maz5

HSC
yeah
i've been working on mine for about that long
just make sure to screencap it or something once you're happy with it
Why screencap it? So you can get the people to change it in O Week? Or will it change permanently once you stop changing it?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Why screencap it? So you can get the people to change it in O Week? Or will it change permanently once you stop changing it?
you can modify your timetable online as much as you please up to a certain date, not sure what it is, sometime in march? but when you get something from the online system that you are happy with you have to print it or save it somehow because you won't be guaranteed the same timetable each time you log in to the timetable unit.

konkzz

HSC
Say I keep changing my timetable and after a while I realise the first one I had was the one that works best for me. Since I screencapped it, can I still get that timetable, even if it doesn't appear again in the timetable unit ?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Say I keep changing my timetable and after a while I realise the first one I had was the one that works best for me. Since I screencapped it, can I still get that timetable, even if it doesn't appear again in the timetable unit ?
I don't think so, the uni will not know you are enrolled in that timetable, they go by the latest info from the timetabling unit which will be a timetable that you do not want. You'll have to try to get the system to give it to you again (which may or may not happen)

konkzz

HSC
Though, can I bring the timetable in to uni and get them to change it to the one I have, since there are no clashes anyway ?

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Though, can I bring the timetable in to uni and get them to change it to the one I have, since there are no classes anyway ?
"since there are no classes"?

But yeah you can give it a try, from previous comments posted here I think you have to have a fairly good reason to get them to give you a specific timetable though.

You can always go to whatever lecture times you want regardless of what your timetable says since they don't usually mark a roll for lectures, but you've gotta go to the tute you're enrolled in unless you've got a good reason to change, iirc

Smithereens

HSC
Although this has been asked many times, I just want some definite clarification - can I rock up to Madsen building on Monday to change completely the times of certain tutes that I don't like, and replace them with time periods that I like?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Although this has been asked many times, I just want some definite clarification - can I rock up to Madsen building on Monday to change completely the times of certain tutes that I don't like, and replace them with time periods that I like?
If the times you want them moved to are actually possible (i.e. are in the central timetabling), then YES.

They will probably ask you for a reason, though, so have a good story ready. "I don't like these times" won't cut it if I remember other posts in this forum correctly.

Smithereens

HSC
If the times you want them moved to are actually possible (i.e. are in the central timetabling), then YES.

They will probably ask you for a reason, though, so have a good story ready. "I don't like these times" won't cut it if I remember other posts in this forum correctly.
Hmm, does anyone have a fullproof reason that we can use? :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Hmm, does anyone have a fullproof reason that we can use? :D
lol ummmm

-employment
-it's against my religion to do stuff at 11am on a wednesday

idk

just be smart about it obviously they aren't going to believe a "work" excuse if you just want one hour moved around in the morning and the rest of that day is full of classes.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
It depends on the advisor really. Some are really lax some require a good reason (and usually employment will hold up...even if it's trying to make a 4 hour break into a 2 hour break or something).

The one time i went down there to get my timetable changed the timetable advisor was my tutor from the semester before. Showed me which classes i could get and got me a decent timetable.

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC

What do I do about clashes? I have lectures for French and Linguistics at the same time and I'm not sure if that can be changed, because I've checked the timetabling unit and that's the only available running time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)