• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with my study plan- method!! (2 Viewers)

ST2010

HSC
I spend alot of time studying after school and weekends. I spend much much more time studying then other people i could say but my results don't really show this. I sometimes finish studying and think to myself what new stuff i have learnt and i couldn;t answer myself.. I feel i have wasted so much time studying for no reason while other people who don't study at all get the same marks as me or higher.

Tell me how to use my time more efficently and not waste my effort.

pillar

HSC
Don't study for time.. study for content so you say "Alright I want to learn/make notes for X and Y this weekend" and then do that, instead of saying "I'll study 1 hour of Chemistry" etc..

P.T.F.E

HSC
a good method of studying is questions and handing to the teacher to be marked because then you know whether you know the content and are improving your technique to answer questions.
also if your only doing preliminary i wouldn't stress too much you may burn yourself out of study by the time HSC comes around.

K

khorne

But, you have to set a minimum each night. Also, what [subject] exactly are you having problems with studying?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I agree with the above really. You should try to study smart by looking at your studying pattern and improve on it.

For example, if you listen to iPod while studying, you may consider getting rid of it. Or...may be experiment on different study type.

LordPc

HSC
Don't study for time.. study for content so you say "Alright I want to learn/make notes for X and Y this weekend" and then do that, instead of saying "I'll study 1 hour of Chemistry" etc..
im going to suggest something similar to this.

plan to make notes for a particular subject, like math or chem. before you start have a look at some questions that are related to the area that you are about to make notes for. perhaps these questions are from the textbook or from a past paper or a worksheet from class.

if you cant do them, then start to make your notes. when you finish your notes, have a look at the questions again and see if you can do them now. if you can then you can see that you have made some progress, you can answer questions now that you couldnt before you made the notes

and always hand stuff into the teacher to be marked, otherwise you can go through the hsc doing something wrong and not even realise it

ST2010

HSC
But, you have to set a minimum each night. Also, what [subject] exactly are you having problems with studying?

mostly mx1 maths because we have so much hwk that u cant have time for the others:angry:

K

khorne

Studying for MX1 should involve learning the concepts, formulas (even deriving some can help), and lots and lots of practice questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)