• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should teachers be able to have sexual relations with consenting students? (3 Viewers)

Should they?

• Total voters

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
Nah, doesn't really. The thread is for dicussing whether it should be legal, not whether it is legal.
Agreed.

Cookie182: Negative rep'd for such a shit house, wishy-washy legal analysis, which did nothing beyond show that you have no argument for the question at hand.

lol u shouldnt b a law student

PattieBoi

HSC
I see nothing wrong with it to be honest. Just as long as their relationship is kept outside the classroom and when marking exams or assessment tasks.

kokodamonkey

HSC
I see nothing wrong with it to be honest. Just as long as their relationship is kept outside the classroom and when marking exams or assessment tasks.
Which is why it's okay after they no longer are in the same class.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Agreed.

Cookie182: Negative rep'd for such a shit house, wishy-washy legal analysis, which did nothing beyond show that you have no argument for the question at hand.

lol u shouldnt b a law student
bow chicka wow wow ;)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Reflecting on this thread, I don't think teacher/student relationships should be legislated against, but it should definetly be acceptable for schools and teacher accreditation organisations to set rules regarding relationships, such that it may affect their business and reputation.

The same applies in the example of psychologists above. It's not legislated against (afaik), and shouldn't be so, but the accreditation body for psychologists deems it grounds for revoking licences, and fair enough too, with harm it could potentially cause to the reputation of their profession.

Basically, the free market does it all. Businesses and accreditation bodies will prohibit these sort of potentially exploitative relationships because to allow them could be severely harmful to their reputation and returns. The right for schools to dismiss teachers for this reason must be upheld, but there's no need for compulsory legislation.
You are of course right, my post was meant to be provocative, i am fully aware that whilst psychologist-client relations arent legislated against, if you have a relationship with a client you WILL lose your license, probably permanently. In Australia you can have a relationship with a previous client if you havent counceled them for 2 years, in America if you ever have a relationship with a previous client you will lose your job.

I dont think legislation against teacher-student relations is necessary exactly as long as there is some sort of check against it, e.g if you sleep with a student the teachers board [or whatever they call it] reviews your case and you will probably lose your license to teach but you dont go to jail. Much in the same way that psychologists operate, again what my original post was trying to highlight, that other professions self regulate issues of missconduct like that and teachers should too.

For me it comes down to a power relationship. Teacher-student is a massive power inbalance and no teacher should be able to see any current student. Once they have left school, sure go ahead do what you want, but not while they are a student.

kokodamonkey

HSC
There are three possible answers:

1. Yes. I wanna have sex with you too!

2. No. Sorry. It can't happen.

3. You're a dickhead. Pull your head in and stop being a clown just for now.
How about "Thats Sexual Offensive ideas, come here to be punished bad boy"

ROBD09

HSC
But the teacher is taking advantage of the

look if you say you're in support of it, you're clearly a pedophile

Either that or a student who has a really hot teacher.

In all seriousness though, the idea of student/teacher relationships may seem like a decent idea, but the reality would probably be most unlikely.

I've found myself, as a senior student, in a situation with two of the most beautiful teachers in my school. Yet the sheer awkwardness of it caused me to choke up and.. learn. In other words, I thought it was going to be so awesome, yet the reality of the situation caused me to re-evaluate my previous hypothesis.

Sum it all up, yeah?

artist91

HSC
only if the teacher is young... say like a 5 year difference max. like if the teacher is mr. matthews from 90210 or something lol. no 60 year old pedos. and if the student is over 16.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
oh yeah I agree with serius and dom re: the punishment.

artist91

HSC
I came across some pretty sleezy male teachers at my school. Once my friend was telling me about her upcoming trip to South America and mentioned Lake Titicaca and our creepy teacher turned around and said "Did I just hear titty?" eww...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I came across some pretty sleezy male teachers at my school. Once my friend was telling me about her upcoming trip to South America and mentioned Lake Titicaca and our creepy teacher turned around and said "Did I just hear titty?" eww...
how many times a night did u fap over him?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
in yr 8 i wore a supre shirt on an excursion and it said 'spank me' and the paedo male teacher said 'is that an invitation' and when i cried to the female teacher she told me it was my fault

:confused:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
in yr 8 i wore a supre shirt on an excursion and it said 'spank me' and the paedo male teacher said 'is that an invitation' and when i cried to the female teacher she told me it was my fault

:confused:
I'm not sure whether to laugh or sympathise...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)