clashing lectures = you have to give up on the course? (1 Viewer)

didlshak27

HSC
one of my psychology lectures clashes with one of the two of my math lectures per week. Does that mean i would have to give up on Math? :(
Or do i have an option of sacrificing one of my math lectures every week and proceed with these two courses?

cheers

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You should try to fix up the clash: Rectangles
see if u can make a timetable with no clash.

If not, i guess theyre both just lectures, so u can skip one of em, go half half, alternate, watever.
Although im not 100% sure that u will be allowed to enrol due to the clash.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Does UNSW provide all the lecture notes and slides online after lectures have been completed?

gman03

HSC
You are first yearer right? Two lectures clash? You can't enrol both at the same time then. Drop one subject and pick another one from your handbook that you can do.

Morbo

HSC
You can enrol into both subjects but you'll have to see either School and see the lecturer for "permission". Normally, you'll be able to enrol this way if you have any time table clashes and there are no alternative timeslots.
If you're doing MATH1131 there are three different lecture streams you should be able to choose from.

EdmondDW

HSC
I want to do biomath very much, but cos of the clash with analysis chem....
I must give up...
That was sucks...

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I want to do biomath very much, but cos of the clash with analysis chem....
I must give up...
That was sucks...
Same as ive got a clash with biomath but im doing it still regardless

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I had a clash with elec1111 and mman1300, so i dropped elec1111 and now im doing 3 courses this semester =)

franklhy

HSC
Hi everyone, from your experience, does the timetable of a course change from semester to semester, or does it usually stay the same?

Reason is i'm enroling coming july 2009 (sem 2). as the timetable for sem 2 courses is not out yet, i used previous sems course timetables to make a "draft" timetable just to have an idea of it. however when i put the 4 courses into my excel sheet, the lectures (each 2 hours long) of 2 courses actually clashes. then i also found out that those 2 courses are only available in sem 2.

does this mean i have to wait a year later to take the 1 remaining course? what happens if a year later, there is still a clash? does this mean i have to stay in unsw for 1 more semester just to take that 1 remaining course?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
timetables would change, i reckon, u mite have to stay behind a semester, try doing a course in the summer teaching period (december/january)

franklhy

HSC
timetables would change, i reckon, u mite have to stay behind a semester, try doing a course in the summer teaching period (december/january)
yeah there is the summer teaching period but the thing is i'm enroling into telecommunications engineering and i have checked Class Search by Session and there are no telecommunications courses during that period.

staying back an extra semester just for 1 course would be very bad for me as i'm an international student :burn:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
well that sux.

looks like u have to stay behind a semester just to do 1 course.

but go talk to the telecomm faculty about it.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
maybe he can overload or do it during the summer session

franklhy

HSC
that means doing more than 4 courses in a semester, will be pretty tough imo
i won't be able to do that because for the first 8 courses that i need to do in my 3rd year, 4 of the courses are only available in semester 1, while the other 4 courses are only available in semester 2.

so if i miss any of those courses, i have to wait a year later to take them again. and who knows there might be another clash right.

headache!! guess i have no choice but to talk to the school once school starts in july 2009?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)