Faking Your 120 log book hours (1 Viewer)

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
i have legit done like 110 hours. its a pain in the arse. you basically know everything there is to know at fifty.
A lot more involved to it all than what you know at 50 hours slip.... I could teach a chimp all road rules at 5 hours, doesn't make chimp 'a good driver' necessarily.

I know it seems 'hard' people, and that you perhaps feel badly done by and overwhelmed by the sheer hours, but try and take some effort at this, heck 120hours - 120 days, do two hours a day then your through sooner still.

The graduated licensing system is harmonising around Australia, and its focus is on the defensive driver components. You will find the program is similar to that taught in EU, even Germany. Your up for 3K to obtain your license in some of those places.

In NSW? - DO download and read the "Road Users Handbook", its this jurisdictions primary road user manual. Other states have similar.

Not difficult.

I expect we'll see some design changes over time to the log books, including requiring Odometer readings, we'll see.

Take the task of learning-to-drive as that, not merely as the 'getting a license' cop out. Have some pride in your effort, and wear the plates with pride too - once you've earn't them. (Duh, water is wet).

Politically, I intend advocating through the appropriate channels, for the re-testing of 'knowledge-of-road rules' those drivers who have had their licenses suspended owing points, incl full license holders.

Last edited:

efhat

HSC
um, they already do require odometer readings

and to be honest, i think you learn more in the first few months of Provisionals than you ever do on your L's, no matter how long.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A

and to be honest, i think you learn more in the first few months of Provisionals than you ever do on your L's, no matter how long.
Agree. I've learnt heaps more driving by myself that when i was on my L's. You develop way better judgement and decisivness.

TheGusBus

HSC
Going for my test on the 29th of this month.
Lost log book due to moving, just found it again so i gotta fill in all the hours..

Up to 15 day hours and 4 night hours..

JB10

HSC
109 hours!!!!!

I'm going to book 4-5 lessons with an instructor, once I've done them I'll book my driving test.

Has anyone here gone for their P's without doing a lesson with an instructor?

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
Not all jurisdictions, I expect RTA to again update it here in NSW. Btw - any changes you'd like made 'to it'?

I do expect BIG changes to roads, road management, licenses and penalties if NSW change government in 2011. Overdue too:)

Fenwickinho

HSC
Faked about 30 hours of mine (drove about 90 hours). The bad thing was, after about 20 hours, I couldn't be bothered to write in my log book anymore - but then I eventually had to make up all the hours that I had actually driven! (absolute pain in the ass)

The key is to round up (e.g. 15 mins = 30 mins :))

As long as you do over 50 hours, have a couple of lessons and are a good driver.. you'll be fine :wave:

You also develop and learn alot more when your on your P's...

Rabbitoh

HSC
Just with the Log Book, I'm going to run out of space in it. Would they care if I photocopied a blank log book page and added a few extra pages to the back of the book?

JB10

HSC
That makes me more confident.. Most people I know have already done 4 or 5 lessons and they're only on 50 hours.

I've done 116 hours and haven't done a single lesson, but I booked my first one this Friday.

Going for my P's on the 16th of July. :eek:

JB10

HSC
Had my first lesson today, helped me learn a few small things they require, even though you'll never do crap like that when you've actually got your licence.

118 hours. :D

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
What won't you ever use? Most of the little things have come in handy. Head checks are second nature now and have stopped a few cases of people driving in blind spots, indicating off roundabouts has stopped like 3 boy racers from coming between me and the exit. Buffering is _always_ useful.

The test is a joke, the stuff you're meant to learn is actually useful.

rozymisty

HSC
Hm its interesting the number of people who can think that they can just take a few lessons with an instructor and then go for their Ps....bloody idiots! It takes experience of different areas and conditions before you are at least confident enough to go for the Ps....

Stella09

HSC
i only had to do the 50 hours.... and i made up bout 5.... i had actually probably driven that much hough cos there was heaps of time i didn't fill it in.... just make sure you include breaks for long drives and don't make stupid mathematic errors in mileage or time.... i suggest take a trip that you actually do make often (for me it was home to town 60km) and replicate it every now and then cos you know how long it should take and how far it is

good luck with ur P's when you go for it, it opens up a whole new world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)