Writing Legal Studies Essays (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Was wondering whether anyone could help me:

Is there a particular structure to writing legal studies essays? Is it written like a normal English essay, or does the structure differ? I have never written one before, and I need to write one now and I am a bit iffy on the structure.

Thanks in advance BOSers. = )

lcx

HSC
no its isnt so much an "English" essay in terms of the sophistication of ur writing but rather the content.

u must focus on answering the question - all parts of it. incorporate cases, legislation, media articles and other documents to support your arguments

u can have the usually intro, body, conclusion but makers will not care if ur intro is very short - just briefly state wat ur gonna say

so be concise and to the point - dont try and use fancy language and have little content as this will giv u a crap mark.
stick to supporting opinions with cases etc
and make sure u draw a conclusion

pickles07

HSC
I don't think structure in legal studies essays is as important. You should still have your intro, and list what youre going to talk about, follow that order and then conclude..

Usually in e nglish essays i get 7-9/20 but for my legal studies essays I have gotten 16/20 and 17/20, so clearly, it is more important on the CONTENT as opposed to structure..

ethan16

HSC
I don't think structure in legal studies essays is as important. You should still have your intro, and list what youre going to talk about, follow that order and then conclude..

Usually in e nglish essays i get 7-9/20 but for my legal studies essays I have gotten 16/20 and 17/20, so clearly, it is more important on the CONTENT as opposed to structure..
All essays are about the content, and structure and form is necessarry to any academic essay. The difference between English and Legal essays comes in the nature of the different subjects. English is pretty much an art - about the creation of texts and what we get from then. We look for what they do, how its achieved, and how well it is achieved. Legal is a science - a social science - and so the essays are more straightforward in that things are more concrete.

Meepo

HSC
Was wondering whether anyone could help me:

Is there a particular structure to writing legal studies essays? Is it written like a normal English essay, or does the structure differ? I have never written one before, and I need to write one now and I am a bit iffy on the structure.

Thanks in advance BOSers. = )
It's similar to english but there are additional points that's just for legal study essay. Here is a checklist for Legal Study essay writing which may help you:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/24/legal-studies/215121/legal-study-essay-checklist.html

Reanna

HSC
it is similair to english in that you need to state your contention, what the essay will detail and provide/integrate evidence-legislation, cases etc . also you will need a well structured response

however unlike english the airy, colourful descriptive, philosophical stuff isn't important content is

sophisticated writing style and large words help in the overall sense a marker gets however content and terminology is more important

HSC
it is similair to english in that you need to state your contention, what the essay will detail and provide/integrate evidence-legislation, cases etc . also you will need a well structured response

however unlike english the airy, colourful descriptive, philosophical stuff isn't important content is

sophisticated writing style and large words help in the overall sense a marker gets however content and terminology is more important
+ 1

remember LCMD in every response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)