Is car a luxury or a neccesity? (2 Viewers)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yes its a necessity for my job (travelling out to clients) as well as to get to/from uni. That being said, having the two cars which I have... that could be considered excessive lol.
In a temperate climate, you have only five physical needs: food, water, clothing, shelter, and fuel. (If you're a raw-foodist and don't mind the cold, you don't even need fuel!) Everything else that costs money is a luxury or a manufactured need. Manufactured needs have fancy names: entertainment, transportation, education, employment, housing, "health care." In every case these are creations of, and enablers of, an alienating and dominating system, a world of lost wholeness.

Your job is not a necessity. The car to do that job is certainly not a necessity.

inhinyero

HSC
Everything else that costs money is a luxury or a manufactured need. Manufactured needs have fancy names: entertainment, transportation, education, employment, housing, "health care." In every case these are creations of, and enablers of, an alienating and dominating system, a world of lost wholeness.

Your job is not a necessity. The car to do that job is certainly not a necessity.

i certainly disagree with you mate as what i have bolded. Education is a right of everyone, mind you. it is. nobody wants to grow feeble-minded. and because of that, we have to be educated for self-fulfillment, confidence, dignity, and achievement. It is never a manufactured need.

Second point, Job is a necessity just like education. nobody wants to depend his/her own self to anyone. Everyone strive for a higher education and diploma just to get a job and secure his own and his future family's future.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Education is a privilege, not a right, no matter how you try to spin it. That's the world we live in.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
'Learning' is a right. The freedom to seek and obtain information. Education, as in a formalised system of tuition dispensed and regulated by authority, is not a right.

Regardless of whether education is a right or not, if you have access to food, water, clothing, shelter, and fuel (all of which can be obtained without a job or education), you don't need education or a job.

You're confusing real needs, with the means some people may use to fulfill those needs.

inhinyero

HSC
'Learning' is a right. The freedom to seek and obtain information. Education, as in a formalised system of tuition dispensed and regulated by authority, is not a right.

Regardless of whether education is a right or not, if you have access to food, water, clothing, shelter, and fuel (all of which can be obtained without a job or education), you don't need education or a job.

You're confusing real needs, with the means some people may use to fulfill those needs.

The Right to Education Source: The Right to Education | EDUCATION | UNESCO

©UNESCO/Victor M.Camacho, Access to education for everyone

Education is a fundamental human right and essential for the exercise of all other human rights. It promotes individual freedom and empowerment and yields important development benefits. Yet millions of children and adults remain deprived of educational opportunities, many as a result of poverty.
Normative instruments of the United Nations and UNESCO lay down international legal obligations for the right to education. These instruments promote and develop the right of every person to enjoy access to education of good quality, without discrimination or exclusion. These instruments bear witnessto the great importance that Member States and the international community attach to normative action for realizing the right to education. It is for governments to fulfil their obligations both legal and political in regard to providing education for all of good quality and to implement and monitor more effectively education strategies.
Education is a powerful tool by which economically and socially marginalized adults and children can lift themselves out of poverty and participate fully as citizens.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The UN is kind of a joke.

The imposition of 'rights' like that, when enforced and provided by the state, can only be provided due to the violent and unequal exploitation of others. For the state to be able give a 'right' like that to some, has to come at the cost of suffering and a reduction in liberty for others.

I don't see why education should be seen as a right. You don't need it. Food, water, clothing, shelter, and fuel perhaps could be rights. But not education.

Anyway, forget rights. We were talking about necessities, which education plainly is not.

inhinyero

HSC
The UN is kind of a joke.

The imposition of 'rights' like that, when enforced and provided by the state, can only be provided due to the violent and unequal exploitation of others. For the state to be able give a 'right' like that to some, has to come at the cost of suffering and a reduction in liberty for others.

I don't see why education should be seen as a right. You don't need it. Food, water, clothing, shelter, and fuel perhaps could be rights. But not education.

Anyway, forget rights. We were talking about necessities, which education plainly is not.

I think fuel is not a right. ifi were to choose between fuel and education, definitely i would choose education. I'd rather be educated and well-equipped individual than to just exchange it with a product of technology. And mind you, i still argue that education is a necessity and a right to secure a good future. Try compare two individuals, one is educated and one is not, and see for yourself the difference.

Second point, isn't it that the state shall be equal to his fellowmen such that his men are given equal opportunities (what is given to one will be given to everyone)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I think fuel is not a right. ifi were to choose between fuel and education, definitely i would choose education. I'd rather be educated and well-equipped individual than to just exchange it with a product of technology.
So you think it's more important to be educated than to have access to light, heating and the ability to cook your food?

Education isn't a necessity because you won't die without it.

inhinyero

HSC
So you think it's more important to be educated than to have access to light, heating and the ability to cook your food?

Education isn't a necessity because you won't die without it.

there other ways mind you where you can cook your own food without fuel. Use a lighter and a charcoal mate! that can be!

walkahz

HSC
A formal education isnt a neccesity. Sure it is human nature to learn from experiences but this is not education. That is the debate here.
You can live without education hence it is not a neccesity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)