How to be less nervous in/before tests? (1 Viewer)

JJ_Lin

HSC
eople performs different whe they are nervous. But how do you calm down and being less nervous during and before exams?
I tried some deep breaths, but it was not that efficent.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks!:)

lychnobity

HSC
Learn to turn off the voice in your head, and keep it empty (the mind).

Or talk to someone, not about the test, or study 10 times more than you normally do.

samthebear

HSC
dont hang around people before the exam (esp if they have a tendency to freak out thus freaking other people out), and just chill. and after the exam - head home. straight away. or hang out with friends but do not talk about the exam.

I don't know how to describe it but i call it the 'exam zone' and i focus only on the exam but not the 'what-ifs' and i do not think past the exam. i dont worry about my results, nor do i worry about what i might possibly not know for the exam. i know what i know and i'll be secure in the fact that i know that i know what i know/ (< if that made sense)

Once you get into the 'exam zone' nothing else matters and you go into some kind of a trance.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
hmm.. I just think about like ''just do it'' and thinking how I am ready from studying and that I should do fine. I also sigh a lot to myself or in my head... if that works xD

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
eople performs different whe they are nervous. But how do you calm down and being less nervous during and before exams?
I tried some deep breaths, but it was not that efficent.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks!:)
It's good to be at least a little bit nervous when you enter the exam hall. It boosts your adrenaline levels when you put your pen on that paper and can actually make your perform better if you've properly studied in preparation for the exam. -Quotes my science teacher.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I close my eyes, inhale and exhale a few times deeply and i clear any thoughts from my brain.

Studying the content you are to be tested on very well would also help a great deal XD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I close my eyes, inhale and exhale a few times deeply and i clear any thoughts from my brain.

Studying the content you are to be tested on very well would also help a great deal XD
nah... Just go in knowing that you've bludged the whole holidays, nights before the test even knowing that the test was approaching! :D

louy

HSC
N/A
Put your thumb in your mouth and blow on it hard as you can. But dont actually blow air out, just againt your thumb.

This will slow your heart rate down almost instantly

clue444

HSC
study heaps or think to yourself "it's going to be easy, I'm going to top this s**t" before you go in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)