The Woolworths Thread (15 Viewers)

mlee72

HSC
so, i take it woolworths likes to make our lives hell

"OH HAY, LETS INTRODUCE A COMPLETLEY NEW [to most people] WAY OF USING CREDIT CARDS WITH CHIPS WITHOUT A TRANSITION PERIOD - YOU WILL HAVE TO USE THE NEW WAY"

if you dont know what i'm talking about, all CC's with chips on them will HAVE to be inserted into the machine in the slot i.e. not swipped, and left there untill the transaction is finalised. will happen soon, no warning, customers are barely capable of swiping there cards, god knows how they will cope with this.

other changes for the new store release

-Reduced to clear button will move to supervisor menu
-approaching cash limit report will be available to CSM/SS
-charitable donations can now be made in-store through the PoS for selected charities
-RF guns will prompt you if you are sure you want to RTC a sale/return item (very sensible change IMHO)
-Random weight items on special will have some changes to the ticketing on them (didnt really read that part)
-Adveritising for QFF on the dockets
-product recall mesages on the PoS will be bigger and in BLUE (not red)

thats all i can remember now off the top of my head
WTF didnt we all just get a new store release
are these updates listed on storenet??

so no more control check 17 ?? supervisors required for all RTC!!
i hope we have to put numbers in twice ( open SVR then override control check)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
WTF didnt we all just get a new store release
are these updates listed on storenet??

so no more control check 17 ?? supervisors required for all RTC!!
i hope we have to put numbers in twice ( open SVR then override control check)
well, all stores should be using the barcodes now, so there is no need for a manual button, except for scanning policy in liquor, or where the barcode is damaged and you dont want to dissection dump

ekul444

HSC
N/A
townie, do you know when is the rollout of this new store release is occuring??

HSC
tbh, I think that RTC in sup menu isn't a bad idea. It just means that whoever puts the RTC stickers on needs to make sure that they aren't damaged.

HATE the credit card thing, so whats been the point in pushing preswipe???

Also hate doing AMTA forms at the computer. Will be avoiding smokeshop quite a lot from now on, lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
tbh, I think that RTC in sup menu isn't a bad idea. It just means that whoever puts the RTC stickers on needs to make sure that they aren't damaged.

HATE the credit card thing, so whats been the point in pushing preswipe???

Also hate doing AMTA forms at the computer. Will be avoiding smokeshop quite a lot from now on, lol.
oh, now there is pre-DOCK (thats what they're calling it)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
like fair enough, introduce the functionality, but at least give a changeover period of a month or two where we merley advise customers to use the slot, and let them know they will have too use it from X date, instead of just changing it all on 1 day, where WE THE SERVICE CASHIERS will actually have to look at the card and decide whether it has a chip or not, most customers will have nfi/not have noticed

ekul444

HSC
N/A
like fair enough, introduce the functionality, but at least give a changeover period of a month or two where we merley advise customers to use the slot, and let them know they will have too use it from X date, instead of just changing it all on 1 day, where WE THE SERVICE CASHIERS will actually have to look at the card and decide whether it has a chip or not, most customers will have nfi/not have noticed
so when the upgrade comes u can only use the chip slot???
tbh i havn't seen many cards at all with the chips - i get the occasional customer who tries shoving their card in the slot but apart from those ones i havnt seen many at all... have all the banks in australia actually started using the chips in their cards?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
all the standard CBA credit cards have them, and i see a LOT of them. idk, some consistency would be nice, like Pen or Pin went smoothly because everybody agreed to introduce at the same time. now customers will just be confused because we'll be doing it and nobody else will. i just think it's really something that should be phased in.

Trentyboi

HSC
At Coles we try to avoid touching the cards of customers (even Flybuys) as much as possible. Hope we don't introduce something like this. :(

jirwin

HSC
At Coles we try to avoid touching the cards of customers (even Flybuys) as much as possible. Hope we don't introduce something like this. :(
We do? The number of customers that hand over flybuys largely outweighs the number that swipe it.

bigjohn639

HSC
Hey, just wondering if any of you Service Cashiers recieved a booklet recently titled "Looking After Our Business"? If you have, what did you write for question 7 ("What does Food Safety mean to you?")? I can't really sum up any sort of motivation which makes me sound like I care about it, and really, in Q5 where it asks "What is meant by 'Keep It Clean"? What else does it mean other than what the phrase implies? Please, help me.

TheGeorgia

HSC
I handed in my resignation letter today, feeling great to finally be free from the awkwardness of it all.
Our store had basically NO communication whatsoever.
eg. if you rang up sick or whatever, the person who took the message never did anything about it. So you got a call later on asking where you were.
Same if you asked for a day off in the future, they wrote it down but still rostered you on regardless.
Anyway, I'm out of there.
I gave a weeks notice,
so when I hand back the uniform,
do I have to give the badge back too? Or just the shirt?

Charizard

HSC
pretty sure you keep all your uniform.

i know atleast we were given brand new shirts for free when i started, and if you wanted more you just had to pay for them yourself.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I handed in my resignation letter today, feeling great to finally be free from the awkwardness of it all.
Our store had basically NO communication whatsoever.
eg. if you rang up sick or whatever, the person who took the message never did anything about it. So you got a call later on asking where you were.
Same if you asked for a day off in the future, they wrote it down but still rostered you on regardless.
Anyway, I'm out of there.
I gave a weeks notice,
so when I hand back the uniform,
do I have to give the badge back too? Or just the shirt?
Naw georgia!
It's because we stole your customer service manager and 2IC. They're really good haha!! obviously you were left with poos.

Bye Bye

bayside9

HSC
Yeah you keep em, your parting gift for being with woolworths haha.

On a different tangent, i learnt how to move the stock off the truck, signing and checking the right amount of stock etc in case I'm the only one that's there. (-im hoping that's why anyway). What are the green seals on the cages/crates, that need to be broken or something? Manager rushed over it and I was like wut?

greekgun

HSC
ive never heard of anything like this - i mean the majority of customers these days are tards and cant even swipe their own cards, or even read the simple diagram explaining how to swipe the card.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What are the green seals on the cages/crates, that need to be broken or something? Manager rushed over it and I was like wut?
I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of them, but basically they are a loss prevention device. if truck door opens or whatever, this breaks the seal, since the driver will know in advance how many stops he will be making, the seal number should correspond to the right location (if that makes sense)

e.g. liquor truck is going from warehouse -> Mona Vale -> Boronia Park -> Macquarie Ryde -> Etc.

the warehouse will initially seal the truck with say seal number A06899, when it arrives at mona vale, seal is broken, and new seal is put on A06900 if it arrives at boronia park with seal number A06901 instead then you know somebody has opened the truck door and may have taken something.

Unsealed deliveries should NEVER be accepted (if they are supposed to be sealed), unless you have been advised by logistics before then, and even then you should check that nothing is missing from the truck.

TheGeorgia

HSC
It's because we stole your customer service manager and 2IC. They're really good haha!! obviously you were left with poos.
Ha yes, certainly was!

pretty sure you keep all your uniform.

i know atleast we were given brand new shirts for free when i started, and if you wanted more you just had to pay for them yourself.
Was never given new shirt, still have old one...
I definitely seem to remember something about taking the shirt back,
dunno what they do with it,
but seeing as they gave it to me for free, it's actually their property?
Hmmm.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)