• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

INSEARCH or TAFE? (2 Viewers)

fuzzy09

HSC
Hey was just wondering whether i should go to INSEARCH at UTS or go to TAFE and do a diploma there and then apply to uni...on one hand tafe is way cheaper but doesnt guarantee me a spot at uni whereas my chances of getting into uts is higher if i go to INSEARCH but its expensive...

What would you do and anyone in the same position?

oh n the ATAR of the course i want to get into is 91.8... so no hope there lol

muscleman09

HSC
Hey was just wondering whether i should go to INSEARCH at UTS or go to TAFE and do a diploma there and then apply to uni...on one hand tafe is way cheaper but doesnt guarantee me a spot at uni whereas my chances of getting into uts is higher if i go to INSEARCH but its expensive...

What would you do and anyone in the same position?

oh n the ATAR of the course i want to get into is 91.8... so no hope there lol

Your in the same boat as me =) I too want to do the 91.80 course, Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, however im worried my score may be off the mark by a few. (mabye alot :spzz:)

I personally would choose INSEARCH over tafe, although your right in that it is pretty expensive ($16,000 for 2 semesters - 8 months) but thats nothing with what UTS/INSEARCH offer, similar to the HECS program, It's called FEE-Help I think... It does pretty much the same thing as HECS, all you need to do is get a job next year to pay for it ( if you are paying for it that is).

I've contacted INSEARCH for more info and such, and they told me that even though it takes you into first year Architecture, you will need to get an average of high credit or something after completing all assessments throughout the Diploma of Design course.

Also the lady I rang said that the higher your ATAR (minimum 70 for the INSEARCH program) the shorter course you will do. They advertise in their booklets that everyone will do 8 months study over 2 semesters however, you will instead do a longer course if your atar is closer to 70. ( You STILL do the same Design of Diploma Part 1 though).

Overall, I believe that the INSEARCH program will be your better option towards studying what i've assumed as Architecture in the future.

1. You will be studying for the Diploma at UTS - so you will start to get familiar with the place.
2. You will be in a university atmosphere which will boost your motivation towards studying the course you want.

Hope that shed some light! good luck.

UTS>INSEARCH> tafe.

fuzzy09

HSC
THANKS HEAPS!!

i talked to my rents bout INSEARCH but that its also quite expensive & they're happy for me to go there, guess the only thing i was worried about was the money caz i dont want to seem like a burdon lol

goodluck mate with the HSC, hope you get in first round, if not, see you at insearch haha

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)