Speech Path + Accomodation at Albury (1 Viewer)

LauraHLH

HSC
Hey,

I'm applying for Speech Path at Albury, and was just wondering if someone could give me a brief overview of the course? I've looked at the website of course, but just wondering if someone could tell me about the actual classes and how it's structured.

Also, considering I live 7-8 hours away, what's the on campus accomodation like? Worth it, or would you suggest something different?

Thanks in advance :)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Hey,

I'm applying for Speech Path at Albury, and was just wondering if someone could give me a brief overview of the course? I've looked at the website of course, but just wondering if someone could tell me about the actual classes and how it's structured.

Also, considering I live 7-8 hours away, what's the on campus accomodation like? Worth it, or would you suggest something different?

Thanks in advance :)
Albury is pretty awesome. I've lived here most my life. I dont study at CSU but i've been to the campus plenty of times, its a really nice campus. Alot of students live in Albury's CBD, sharing houses. If you know noone that's going to CSU, your best bet would prob be start on campus then move out when you get to know people.

LauraHLH

HSC
Thanks Addison, is there anyone else out there who knows anything? The accomodation looks pretty good, especially the new stuff, but I can't find any pictures of the old stuff?

xBecx

HSC
I was down there last week to look at the accommodation. I wanna do speech too. :)
I really liked the campus because its so country-ish. I thought it was really awesome and I'm gonna be so excited if I get in. :) It's only a small campus, everything's really close and easy to get to. There were new buildings going up when i was there and they should be ready for next year when most of the courses will be based at the thurgoona residence. Also, everyone I met seemed really nice and friendly.
anyway, the accommodation's pretty basic but it's adequate. The cottage style residences are smaller and older but they work out a fair bit cheaper each week, so it depends on how much you wanna spend. The guy that was with us said theyre about $130 a week and the new ones are roughly $170 so thats a big dif for a uni student. Well it will be for me anyway..
The older ones don't have air con or flushing toilets coz theyre really environmentally friendly. That kinda freaked me a bit but they don't smell. lol. Also, considering that you'll mainly be at the uni during the winter months the air con isn't that big of a deal. They have a fan in each room and there's under floor heating for winter. The kitchen and lounge room are pretty small but there's only 8 to a building so its not so bad. The rooms are small and basic, single bed, desk, wardrobe etc.
The new ones have air con, flushing toilets and pay TV and they're a lot bigger to accommodate 20 people per building. They are nicer, but it kinda all comes back to how much you want to spend, how many people you want to live with and what you're after in a room.

Also, if you contact the uni they can probably send you a dvd which they gave me which gives a brief overview of the speech course. It just explains their aims and goals and it briefly talks about what's involved in the course and it shows what it focuses on in each year, like working with kids and adults ect.

Hope that helped a bit. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)