Books that made you fall asleep (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea but they're 14yr old magicians taking on adult magician terrorists (death eaters), you'd think they'd stand NO chance!

pman

Banned
HSC
to kill a mockingbird, romulus my father, anything else i have ever been set in english

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I don't know why anyone would force themseles to read something this bad unless they absolutely had to for school/uni.
That said, I read Never Let Me Go and it got pretty damned tedious after a while.

Also, I found Lord of the Rings to be boring as well. Sorry, folks. I'd prefer to read 4 or 5 interesting works than one long, winding fantasy story.

Last edited:

caffeinated4

straws; I clutch at them
HSC
The Hobbit.

The print was way too small and my eyes were too tired to understand what a hobbit was and why dragons existed. Little Women was alright, I felt like I had achomplished nothing by the end of it.

simplyyme

HSC
i literally feel asleep after reading half of a chapter in The Woman Warrior, that bloody book makes reading a form of torture, plus it has this teeny tiny writing that you have to hold up to your face to read properly :(

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
A Dry White Season by Andre Brink (even the title sounds boring. Officially the worst ever English text. Ever).
Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo (only about one eighth of the book is actually relevant to the actual story... which is a shame because it's actually quite a good book once you get past all the irrelevant French history).
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
^ lol definitely Noam Chomsky, just looking at his face makes me fall asleep >.>
or maybe all 80 year olds do that...

firstneg

HSC
every novel i've ever had to read in english, destroying avalon-the book that sealed my fate at another school,it was utter shite, total waste of 45 minutes. the only motivation of me keeping on reading it was to see how much more ludicrous it could get.
i envy those who can complain about such tedious books set in english.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Ext Eng - The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
Worst book in the history of books tbh imo

@#$u^rthgfdFGhvtrew$54WTERGHT3W87T892QWAG92G2VQX!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)