Myer Group interviews (2 Viewers)

Frannz

HSC
Hey guys is it normal to get the 'There are no timeslots available for this event' message 3 hours after receiving the email with the invite? The only reasons I can think of are either i received the email late or ppl scheduled awfully quick..

Frannz

HSC
got an invitation for Liverpool but no timeslots still.. so only hope is to wait for my other preferences i guess

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
um. i work at virgin in myer and i still havent had an interview call yet. i have been shortlisted but nothing else. i even know how to use the registers and all of their opening and closing procedures and their cash handling procedures. HIRE ME PEOPLE. It's been two weeks :/

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Come on myer, you know you want to work with me- I'm awesome.
Well i hear applications have closed? 13th of Septmeber :(
Missed my chance completely!

Good luck with your application. :)

Jackee

!!!!!
HSC
did anyone that did the interview for the city store get a follow up yet? it mentions the 'next stage' but no idea what that is? :speechless:

A.Chair

HSC
I got a group interview for the miranda store - this saturday at Roselands

How well dressed do i need to be?

91Thoth

HSC
I had a group interview for Myer this morning, but I googled it last night and got heaps of links to this site - so I figured Id return the favour and post my experience.

Anyway, in respons to the question in the post just above this; A.Chair; You should go as well dressed as you possibly can. I was one of only two blokes there, I was wearing a suit, but he was very smartly dressed aswell - shirt and tie etc. The women were (mostly) also very well dressed, sharp black and whites mostly. Although some women came alittle more casually, but - tbh; I thought that was alittle bit of a mistake, it is Myer afterall...

Okay so first basically we were told alittle history of Myer, (which I had already researched because I thought we might be asked questions or something... *facepalm*) then we were informed of the benefits of being a Myer employee - basically, store discounts and benefits for their credit cards... However the constant theme of the whole "lesson" was to let us know that basically once we say that we're "Fully Avaliable" we have to be just that. As in; they want us very flexible and able to work whenever they need us.

After all that we filled in some forms, pretty basic stuff - REMEMBER YOUR BIRTH-CERTIFICATE! (or similiar) I cant tell you how bad an impression the people that forgot ID made... Then we went on to introducing ourselves to our little table groups of 8 or so; pretty easy going atmosphere - so I found this quite easy. Then we went onto alittle "discussion" within our groups about what we would do in a certain situation (basically we were told we were being evaluated on how we worked as a group/how we interacted; and not to look at the "overseer" at all). Then we, as a group, prioritised things in terms of imporatance- ie; A spill on the floor vs. Answering phones.

Hope this is helpful for anyone that is starting to freak out alittle (like I did)... Its pretty casual though, so dont stress; I actually quite enjoyed it. :)

dingfeng

HSC
did anyone that did the interview for the city store get a follow up yet? it mentions the 'next stage' but no idea what that is? :speechless:
Hi Jackee,

I also did the syd city store interview last week, but I have not heard anything from them yet. The Myer person in the interview said we should expect to get the result in 4 weeks from the interview.

Do you mean in your application status it shows "next stage"? Mine is still "group interview booked"

ay0_x

HSC
Group interview went okay @ Roselands (for a job at Bankstown)

They had 3 "scenarios".. The elderly couple in the toy department, the feature and benefits thing, and a priorities one.

"You are working in Cosmetics. You have the following situations:

A customer has spilt a large cup of coffee on the floor.

2 customers are looking around but do not seem to have made up their minds.

3 customer orders have come in and the customers need to be contacted.

New stock has arrived and needs to be put on display.

There is a sale and you need to put price tickets up".

Basically prioritise, what would you do, etc. etc.

Everyone was dressed very nicely save one or two girls. So dress nicely. Very nicely.

Be cordial to your group. And suck up.

Jackee

!!!!!
HSC
Hi Jackee,

I also did the syd city store interview last week, but I have not heard anything from them yet. The Myer person in the interview said we should expect to get the result in 4 weeks from the interview.

Do you mean in your application status it shows "next stage"? Mine is still "group interview booked"
Hi!
A few friends and I received an email saying that we are suitable for myer employment judged from interview and application and they are reviewing the next stage =S but I don't remember anything about a next stage. Probably internal?

dingfeng

HSC
Hi!
A few friends and I received an email saying that we are suitable for myer employment judged from interview and application and they are reviewing the next stage =S but I don't remember anything about a next stage. Probably internal?
Thank you for your reply Jackee:) Congratulations mate

I still have not received anything yet. I guess I am not suitable for this year's Christmas Casuals in Myer then, although I really want to be a part of the team~~

Everybody good luck:)

dingfeng

HSC
Just got an email from Myer, saying "From your application and assessment we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills that makes you a suitable candidate for a position with Myer."

OMG, I thought I was out of the game, so happy~~

yukitan

HSC
N/A
Hi!
hey guys! I did tooooo! i also received a follow up letter from Myer last weeeek...said my application is being reviewed.. what does it exactly mean? what are we supposed to do now? or all we hav 2do is nothing but waiting huh??

and i also googled heaps of threads about it...seems that next steps should be induction and pre employment and stuffs uno.. i also remembered the guy at interview told us tht there wud b some online assessment to go, u guys remember? but ive got nothing in that follow up letter..geez...really frustrating...

cs01001

HSC
I applied last Saturday, too late to be considered? :(

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i think so, unfortunately.

same thing with me, too late :(

mum had her interview on saturday, i wonder how she went..

cs01001

HSC
Oh well :(

Good luck with your application Omie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)