• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

nah lol, i run it on low and it goes perfectly smooth, ~60fps or so.
FEAR 2 runs perfectly on all maxxxd settings, 1280x800 (my screen is 1440x900).

edit: UT3 and gears of war both look amazing and run smoothly, my laptop seems to agree with unreal 3 games lol.
nice!!! with FEAR2, ut3 and gears of war, i might wanna get this for a laptop :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

yea its pretty cool, only downsides are the size, lack of portability (weight, doesnt really bother me tho, i still take it to uni a few days a week), the fan is pretty loud, especially during playing a game), but none of this bothers me too much.

HSC

yea its pretty cool, only downsides are the size, lack of portability (weight, doesnt really bother me tho, i still take it to uni a few days a week), the fan is pretty loud, especially during playing a game), but none of this bothers me too much.
does it really get too hot while you play games?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

yes it heats up, but its never burnt over or burnt the table or anything.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Yeah is there a way to make it not so damn hot?
My mac's a god damn heat sink

youngminii

Banned
HSC

No, I think 17 years of Windows is enough. Gonna install Linux once I start Uni

Uncle

Banned
HSC

No, I think 17 years of Windows is enough. Gonna install Linux once I start Uni
You are going to have to install some OS that supports C because that's the programming language in 1st year UNSW computing.
Linux is used as the primary OS by the UNSW School of Maths and Stats so it would also be a good idea.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

I thought Mac supports C, isn't it based on Unix?
Also: Yay Linux

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

You are going to have to install some OS that supports C because that's the programming language in 1st year UNSW computing.
Linux is used as the primary OS by the UNSW School of Maths and Stats so it would also be a good idea.
I thought Mac supports C, isn't it based on Unix?
Also: Yay Linux
Yay! I love linux. It's just so efficent! I'm really sick of Windows <_> I'm just over using their technologies. (only exception is Windows XP which was a great foundation to create).

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC

At the end off the day, mac is for editing, and windows is for everything else. Personally im a windows person, and i would never think of swapping over to the "dark side". but thats just me. However if there was an operating system that had "check boxes" so you could select what you actally want, that would be great.

the PC vs Mac battle will wage for ever. :jedi:

Peace
Weddas

youngminii

Banned
HSC

At the end off the day, mac is for editing, and windows is for everything else. Personally im a windows person, and i would never think of swapping over to the "dark side". but thats just me. However if there was an operating system that had "check boxes" so you could select what you actally want, that would be great.

the PC vs Mac battle will wage for ever. :jedi:

Peace
Weddas
Ahem.. Linux

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

I've had both
apple is way better
the macs are faster, no viruses, better quality sound and picture
the only problem is that its harder to find programs for mac than it is for windows
they should make all programs work over both stations
I really dont understand the whole 'no virus' i had a friend who has a macbook infected with SPYWARE! obviously the mac is getting popular = more threats poppin' near you brotha..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

both mac and windows are based on linux...

:rofl:
No, technically they're based on Unix... Mac stole it and windows stole it and now it's available for all and Mac and Windows make you pay for their versions.

Linux = win = free.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Ok :)
My bad, Linux is a good OS, i was just aiming at products that you buy :mad1:

Peace
Weddas
A new operating system on the marker. Linux/Unix based. Shortened to gOS.

HSC

Windows 7 rules!!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)