• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

lol.
my laptop has better specs than a similarly priced mac, and came with heaps of extra's.

its their super portability, sleek exterior, and customised parts (i think?) to fit its sleekness, that makes it expensive, and tbh i'd prefer better hardware and cheaper price than sleek design and 2x more expensive, but hey thats just me :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

I dont care if the laptop was as chunky as a hummers rear wheel, i will buy it if the hardware im paying for is justified.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I got meself a macbook pro

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

inferior specs than my laptop, more expensive than my laptop.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Probably, but it's not like I paid for it. Always wanted a mac

It's the newest 15" model, have no idea how much my dad paid but RRP $4000 or something. Has two graphics cards, one for performance and one for longer battery life.. I don't think I'll be using the longer battery life one much
Geforce 9600M GT with 512mb memory
2.66GHz
4GB ram
320GB (not too fussed about HDD space, planning on buying a 1TB external hard drive anyway)
Never owned a laptop before. Loving life (gonna fail HSC yay)

HSC

It's the newest 15" model, have no idea how much my dad paid but RRP $4000 or something. Has two graphics cards, one for performance and one for longer battery life.. I don't think I'll be using the longer battery life one much
2.8GHz

that's really good, u know where he got it from?

jaredtomas

HSC

I love my MBP.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

what are the specs on yours?

2.66GHz
4GB ram
320GB (not too fussed about HDD space, planning on buying a 1TB external hard drive anyway)
thats pretty good, only thing that sux is that its a mac :p

ati mobility radeon hd 3650 with 512mb memory (yours is a bit better than mine)
2.51ghz dual core
4gb ram
320gb
BUT my laptop also came with
MS office home and student 07
mouse
250gb external hdd
laptop carry bag

marked price was $1999, we got it for $1500 :)

edit: macs dont suck, i just dont like them because im unfamiliar with their setup and because u need the mac version of the game, and they dont all come in mac versions.

jaredtomas

HSC

If you're into gaming, you can run Windows on a Mac if you don't like using Mac versions of games.

HSC

thats pretty good, only thing that sux is that its a mac :p

ati mobility radeon hd 3650 with 512mb memory (yours is a bit better than mine)
2.51ghz dual core
4gb ram
320gb
BUT my laptop also came with
MS office home and student 07
mouse
250gb external hdd
laptop carry bag

marked price was $1999, we got it for $1500 :)

edit: macs dont suck, i just dont like them because im unfamiliar with their setup and because u need the mac version of the game, and they dont all come in mac versions.
i gotta know, with ur specs is it good for gaming?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

If you're into gaming, you can run Windows on a Mac if you don't like using Mac versions of games.
yea i know u can.
i gotta know, with ur specs is it good for gaming?
yea its pretty good, i can easily run the latest games, UT3 runs fine on med/hi, assassins creed runs good on medium, crysis runs on low (lol), far cry 2 runs good on med/hi (dx9), burnout paradise looks amazing.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

You know what's killing me? My dad made me promise not to put any games on it until after my HSC
I feel like I'm WASTING it
FML

Also, I really really need a carry case :(
MSN is so shit on a mac hah

HSC

yea its pretty good, i can easily run the latest games, UT3 runs fine on med/hi, assassins creed runs good on medium, crysis runs on low (lol), far cry 2 runs good on med/hi (dx9), burnout paradise looks amazing.
oh kool, its not bad considering that it can run most of the latest games, but what about GTA 4?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

i should be able to run it, but i dont like gta games lol.

i can run prototype.

edit: i'll be getting batman arkham asylum and red faction guerilla soon, and i'll be buying modern warfare 2

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

nah lol, i run it on low and it goes perfectly smooth, ~60fps or so.
FEAR 2 runs perfectly on all maxxxd settings, 1280x800 (my screen is 1440x900).

edit: UT3 and gears of war both look amazing and run smoothly, my laptop seems to agree with unreal 3 games lol.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Modern Warfare 2 will be the first game I install on mine
Cannot wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)