• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (2 Viewers)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

Macs Suck
Apple Sucks
Itunes Bloody Sucks
Mac Keyboard: THE BEST!!
holy shit i do agree.
the only good thing about apple is their slim keyboard.
the buttons depress very quickly for great response times which was good back in the days of when i had to do computing.

in fact this is the only good concept by apple.

Sarebs

HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

I'm on my third iPod, second iPhone and first MacBook of my own, at 17. I'm a sucker for looks I'll admit, everything looks sooooooo nice! Like the interface.... ooooohhhhhh it's nice. Other than aesthetics... they're not that great. Will never stop using Microsoft products all-together (they made AoE :)). They may not look that great... but they work fairly well... until they get a virus.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

holy shit, second iphone?

GIMME YOUR FIRST? :D

Sarebs

HSC

holy shit, second iphone?

GIMME YOUR FIRST? :D
Being an Apple, where looks count and functionality goes out the window lol..... basically the one button it had... BROKE!

Yet I didn't learn my lesson and got another one. It's like I'm having a naughty affair with Apple, I just can't give it up. But I don't tell Microsoft. They're the reliable frumpy old husband. Lol

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

your secret is safe with me =]

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

I think the case is that truthfully, most computers suck lol. We are still in the dawn of the computing age, and because of that, computers are rather 'stupid' devices.

5233andy

HSC

Mac are the equivalent of German efficiency.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

has anyone tried the new itunes, i did and i don't think it looks very nice but other then that it is quite good

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

Why would anyone want a 'desktop replacement' for a laptop anyway? I'd run windows, or basically something other than OSX on my desktop just because I can use a wider selection of hardware/software... but if I wanted a laptop I think macs have the best design.

joshhunt

HSC

I can get a dell XPS m17 laptop with 2x280M GTX's, 2x500gb HD's, Vista/Windows 7, and 8 GB of RAM (so practically a desktop replacement) for about 500 dollars more...I think that practically shits on apple.
The reason I love my Macbook soo much is because the chassis is made from a single piece of aluminium. You have no idea how strong, solid and light it feels.

Additionally, the trackpad is fantastic. IT IS A THIRD OF THE BELOW-KEYBOARD SPACE. It is MASSIVE. And the multitouch gestures (such as two fingers for smoooth scrolling) are fantastic.

Yeah, for the same price that I payed for my Macbook I could have gotten a Dell laptop with (at least) twice the hard drive capacity, four times the RAM, a bigger screen and a slightly faster processor.

But I decided to opt for a Unibody Macbook. I don't need 8 GB of RAM (remember, you need 64bit Windows to address it all) and I definitely don't need more than 230 GB of storage on my device (an external hard drive for my complete video collection is fine). The only thing that I have ever regret (regret? regretted?) is the smaller horizontal resolution, and I only regret that when using Interface Builder (programming thing).

But in the end, I feel quite satisfied with what I bought, and that is all that really matters. I knew I was going to I buy a high end laptop from the very beginning. After all, you do get what you paid for.

joshhunt

HSC

tbh although i do like macs windows 7 pwns OSX
Really? I am completely the other way around! I love and adore Windows 7. I think it is the best thing Microsoft has put out in 10 years (excluding the Zune HD), but it still does not beat OS X

joshhunt

HSC

has anyone tried the new itunes, i did and i don't think it looks very nice but other then that it is quite good
I am loving the new iTunes, especially the new Store and album view. I am not really liking the new 'shiny' play buttons, but everything else is nice.

chuboy

HSC

But in the end, I feel quite satisfied with what I bought, and that is all that really matters. I knew I was going to I buy a high end laptop from the very beginning. After all, you do get what you paid for.
An aluminium chassis and a giant trackpad?

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Mac OS is very appealing... and Apple computers are just very expensive but they were known to last a very long time. Personally, I don't have the money for one and I think they're a rip off. imo.

joshhunt

HSC

An aluminium chassis and a giant trackpad?
Fuck yeah!

It is just so beautifully designed. No visible air vents, and light and solid construction. And the trackpad! It really is beautiful is so functional. Using two fingers too smoothly scroll makes sense, unlike having to slide your finger around on the edges of the trackpad. A quick and simple four-finger swipe to view all your opened applications, or another four-fingered swipe (in the other direction) to show the desktop.

Here's a practical advantage of the unibody case. A friend of mine (stupidly) carts his Macbook around in his schoolbag without a case of any kind. One day, there is a reasonably sized dint in the side of his Macbook. But it was only a dint. Any other laptop would have cracked or splintered or something much worse that might actually affect the performance of his laptop.

It is all these innovative features that make the Macbook Pro so damn appealing. When was the last time you saw a Windows laptop innovate?

You really have to see and use one in person too see why these features are so useful and appealing.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Mac/Apple just win with the trackpad and in terms of design and ergonomics which are quite good also (while being sleek and chic - rhyme not intended). I find that Apple laptops are extremely good on battery... unlike PCs which tend to eat battery like a fat kid with a packet of chips.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

the thing is most of the things you guys are saying that windows laptop's have is not microsofts fault it is the hardware manufacturers!!
Such as visible air vents, durability, trackpad
and the battery life is not good because of OSX it is good because of the battery itself, if you are actually going to use the battery life then buy a 6 or 9 cell battery for your PC that will last 5-9 hours depending on use.

Joshhunt, you know what is a durable laptop, the MSI wind, i have dropped mine about 7 times it gets bashed around in my bag, it has fallen so hard the battery fell out, and it still works as well as the day i bought it with no more evidence then a scratch!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

Did anyone see the add (by dell, or microsoft or someone?) where they went out and gave people $1000 to buy a laptop and everyone said 'I want a macbook but i can't afford one.'
Ha.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

hahaha! Well played, microsoft!

Apple is good, just way too overpriced.

I like their ipods and iphones, just not laptops/computers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)