The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
It was slightly different for us, as we were closed from 5pm Saturday thru to 8am Today,So our self serve was ready to go.All the training you will probably do is watch the DVD and read the Manuals.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
It was slightly different for us, as we were closed from 5pm Saturday thru to 8am Today,So our self serve was ready to go.All the training you will probably do is watch the DVD and read the Manuals.
Hmmm what I don't get though is that I have been rostered on specially from 8-11am on the Monday (I don't normally work monday) for training. If all I'm gonna do is read the manual and watch DVD why wouldn't they get me to do it during my normal shift on Saturday (not that I'm complaining of course cause it's extra hours!! :p) I'm just tryin to work out if the software will be live on Monday and when they say 'go live day' is tuesday they actually mean go live for customers.

Edit: so can anyone who knows/has already been through go live, let me know what the deal is about this?

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
after all the past posts I AM so glad there are no SCO's in our store

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
after all the past posts I AM so glad there are no SCO's in our store
I agree, lol.
Wow, so, I think they're screwing around with my tax.
Gross from last week was $800, after tax it's ended up at $570.
What.

Harry778

HSC
Has anybody else noticed that the Woolworths song hasnt been playing on the radio? I havent heard it in aaaaaages. Dont know if thats a good or a bad thing? lol..I kind of miss it.

And I have heard this sooo many times..
"customers, as you pass through the checkout, please present all shopping baskets and bags for inspection by our staff, we appreciate your help in this matter, and thankyou for your co-operarion"

lol.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Has anybody else noticed that the Woolworths song hasnt been playing on the radio? I havent heard it in aaaaaages. Dont know if thats a good or a bad thing? lol..I kind of miss it.
OMG your right! I haven't heard the fresh food people jingle in ages! I'm glad though, you go a bit crazy hearing it 10 times a day 5 days a week!

NNS7

HSC
N/A
The only problem is we've only got 4 printers in the store so there's a bit of a fight for them! We just got 2 new RF guns because everyone fought for them too (and then someone dropped one and smashed the screen!)
This is the bane of my existence!!!! we NEVER have enough RF guns! esp on Mon, Tues Wed, PI and major OOC days! soooooo irritating! I always feel bad cause I have to go around and pinch/beg for guns from other depts. we only ever seem to get new a gun when someone breaks an old one. figures

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
we only ever seem to get new a gun when someone breaks an old one. figures
Well at least you get new guns when old ones break...Our store manager has stated that he will NOT be buying any new guns full stop, so if we break one then that's one less we have.

Now everyone is being very careful, no more throwing them around lol...although they are pretty tough I've dropped a few face down and nothing happens

quick90

HSC
We have enough RF's for every department. I think grocery have a few, but we only have 2 printers. I'm the lucky one who gets to go hunting for one, when we need it.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Hmmm what I don't get though is that I have been rostered on specially from 8-11am on the Monday (I don't normally work monday) for training. If all I'm gonna do is read the manual and watch DVD why wouldn't they get me to do it during my normal shift on Saturday (not that I'm complaining of course cause it's extra hours!! :p) I'm just tryin to work out if the software will be live on Monday and when they say 'go live day' is tuesday they actually mean go live for customers.

Edit: so can anyone who knows/has already been through go live, let me know what the deal is about this?
SpongeHead, SS-Champion... can any one help me... =]

Craven

HSC
Go Live Day was today - everything ran smoothly, no problems at all! I was surprised that the younger customers weren't game to use them but all the oldies were! :O But the NCR trainer told us that uptake is least in the 25-40 age group, haha.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Go Live Day was today - everything ran smoothly, no problems at all! I was surprised that the younger customers weren't game to use them but all the oldies were! :O But the NCR trainer told us that uptake is least in the 25-40 age group, haha.
Glad it all went well for you =]
Yeah, thats interesting, Id have to say the main users in our store would be under 18 year olds (ie kids), women in the 25-40 age group (very, very rarely get middle aged men using them) and suprisingly, the older people (60+).

bdude

HSC
Well, the over 60s are usually the ones who get all OMG DON'T PUT MY BREAD IN WITH THE CHIPS IT WILL GET SQUASHED!!!!! I HATE SQUASHED BREAD!!!! so would probably relish the chance to be as anal about their bag packing as they want

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
First training session today. Was pretty hard at first, but became slightly easier within the hour. Serving tomorrow.
Not 100% clear on the "rounding up to $xx.xx" though. :x

Oh, and late night shopping is going to make me crumble!! :(

Craven

HSC
"I want to pay just that amount please"
EFT -> Hit the exact amount.

"I want to get $30 cash out please"
EFT - > Key Amount -> 30.00 -> Cash Out

"I want change from $30 please"
EFT - > Key amount -> 30.00 - > Accept/Enter

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah, thanks mate. It makes sense when its layed out like that, but doesnt make much sense when you actually did it haha.
Knowing me, i'd just hit the top exact payment price without even looking at what they are going giving me.

Is that the same for Cash?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
"I want to pay just that amount please"
EFT -> Hit the exact amount.

"I want to get $30 cash out please"
EFT - > Key Amount -> 30.00 -> Cash Out

"I want change from $30 please"
EFT - > Key amount -> 30.00 - > Accept/Enter

HAha goodluck getting a 'please' though! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)