• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
Let me check, let's say something comes to $21.32 and the customer wants an additional $25 dollars out, do you type in 25.00 or have to work out what 21+25 is and type in 46.32

Craven

HSC
Not really? When you go into EFT it gives you the options:
- Key amount
- Total amount
- Total amount + $10
- Total amount + $20
- Total amount + $50
- Total amount + $100

so if someone wants $200 cash out you just go to key amount, type 200 and make sure you push Cash out. If you push Accept, it will only take a total of $200 not $200 + value of transaction. Lots of people make that mistake but it's easily fixed. Just like people put it through as cash instead of eftpos.

EDIT: You hit key amount, type $25, and hit cash out.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah the chip issue is due to the nature of chips, the chips actually determine how the transaction is processed, rather than our own system (which we control with swiping the card)

danberg

HSC
WoWPoS' EFTPOS Cash Out system seems unnecessiarily complicated. On Coles' systems when it comes to Cash Out the screen defaults to entering a cash out amount or you can just tap on "Total EFT amount" to change that
But thats because Coles has cash out occur after selecting your account,
ie. swipe card, select account
then operator asks if you'd like cashout/eft screen asks for cashout

thats probs why lots of customers swipe almost instantly before answering whether they'd like cash out, COLES!

HSC
Not really? When you go into EFT it gives you the options:
- Key amount
- Total amount
- Total amount + $10
- Total amount + $20
- Total amount + $50
- Total amount + $100

so if someone wants $200 cash out you just go to key amount, type 200 and make sure you push Cash out. If you push Accept, it will only take a total of $200 not $200 + value of transaction. Lots of people make that mistake but it's easily fixed. Just like people put it through as cash instead of eftpos.

EDIT: You hit key amount, type $25, and hit cash out.
when would you use total amount + X?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
You just reminded me.. one of our registers just randomly rebooted itself today while a girl was doing a refund. I thought I might call IT and tell them but I couldn't be bothered and soon forgot.
It may not have necessarily been 'random'. I have, and have seen others, accidentally reboot the POS when doing a refund because of the way the buttons are. So somehow (can't remember how they're laid out in SVR menu) if you're in a rush you can accidentally press reboot.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
NOOOOOO! Our CSM, my favourite one since Ive been there, is leaving ;(
Man, she was so good to me; she got me onto self serve, she doesn't leave me on one checkout for an entire day, always gets me first to do the odd jobs around the place :(
I hate when you get really friendly with a supervisor they go and leave! haha

HSC
NOOOOOO! Our CSM, my favourite one since Ive been there, is leaving ;(
Man, she was so good to me; she got me onto self serve, she doesn't leave me on one checkout for an entire day, always gets me first to do the odd jobs around the place :(
I hate when you get really friendly with a supervisor they go and leave! haha
what's wrong with staying on the same checkout?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
what's wrong with staying on the same checkout?
Haha not much, I just get really bored and tired if I stay on the same one all day.

Actually its probably just cause Ive been spoilt - when I'm not doing self serve, I get given the list of breaks, so I'm moving from checkout to checkout every 10min or hour.

HSC
Haha not much, I just get really bored and tired if I stay on the same one all day.

Actually its probably just cause Ive been spoilt - when I'm not doing self serve, I get given the list of breaks, so I'm moving from checkout to checkout every 10min or hour.
yea, same i i would get bored also..
i'm guessing express would be easier 15 items or less.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We only let people through express who have more than 12 items when it's quiet...but when it's quiet we don't have anyone on express so it hardly ever happens o_O

Craven

HSC
It may not have necessarily been 'random'. I have, and have seen others, accidentally reboot the POS when doing a refund because of the way the buttons are. So somehow (can't remember how they're laid out in SVR menu) if you're in a rush you can accidentally press reboot.
I'm pretty sure POS Reboot is only in the Menu section (register signed off) - and you need SVR numbers to do it.

danberg

HSC
I'm pretty sure POS Reboot is only in the Menu section (register signed off) - and you need SVR numbers to do it.
nah its defs in SVR too, ive rebooted once when i was doing a refund, didnt hav a clu wat happened, and i couldnt sign on somewhere else to do the refund cos i was locked on!

HSC
I need to be careful of this, I'm careless enough to press this button accidentally :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)