The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
Cash is cash, you just push/type in how much they give you. You don't HAVE to if you can work it out yourself. If the total is 6.25 and someone gives me $11.25, I know I have to give them $5 change so rather than me going to Key Amount and typing 11.25 I just hit the exact amount. But I'd recommend making sure you key in/select the correct amount so you don't end up short changing them.

HSC
so what would you do if they wanted to pay with eftpos and then after they pay the exact amount by eftpos, cash out $20?

HSC
yes and no.

registers are easy as. any fool could pick it up.
but a lot of what is discussed in this thread is never taught/known by most operators.
so what would you do if they pay the exact amount by eftpos and after that they wanna cash out $20?

Craven

HSC
There is a Cash Purchase option so customers can take cash out without making a purchase.

What annoys me is today a guy at the smokeshop goes "Can I have $100 cash out?" so I go ok. I do that and I'm like ok cya! And hes like no I want some smokes now. And pays for it with one of the $50 he withdrew.. GRR hello, we can do that in the one transaction >:|

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
so what would you do if they pay the exact amount by eftpos and after that they wanna cash out $20?
That's extremely simple.

You hit "Cash" or "EFT", in this case EFT. You select how much cashout they want. It will be listed as 'exact price' first. 'exact price + $10', and so on.

You can also enter an amount to cash out of not on the screen ($45 for example)

HSC
so then if they payed for something say $9.25 with cash of $10 and wanted to cash out with eftpos $50, you would go:

cash -> exact amount -> $10

eft -> cash out -> $50

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you'd go

--> Cash Purchase > Eft >Type in Amount

Hey, anybody having major troubles with registers and pinpads suddenly, some of our pinpads will randomly seize up if a card is inserted, and one of my supervisors rang me tonight to say one register was taking her number and passoword, but then not logging on, and a few other registers just crashed randomly.

HSC
Hey, anybody having major troubles with registers and pinpads suddenly, some of our pinpads will randomly seize up if a card is inserted, and one of my supervisors rang me tonight to say one register was taking her number and passoword, but then not logging on, and a few other registers just crashed randomly.
We've had quite a few freezing, but nothing like that.

Also whats up with ANZ chip cards not taking PIN's? Lots of customers are really annoyed at this.

Craven

HSC
You just reminded me.. one of our registers just randomly rebooted itself today while a girl was doing a refund. I thought I might call IT and tell them but I couldn't be bothered and soon forgot.

I'm pretty sure they need to go to their bank and get their pin loaded onto their chip. At least, that's what I've been telling them, lol.

Harry778

HSC
Our smoke shop register keeps re-booting by it self. Really annoying since we have two and can only serve from one. And this has happened since we got the up date, and the express ones have done it a couple of times...luckily none on the main registers..well that I know of.

Oh well, not my problem as of friday! Going back to Crows Nest store =D
Will probably have update issues there too. Such as the screens taking time to wake up lol. Some one said that they're only fixing this in the next upgrade. Thats fucked lol.

Treefeet

HSC
The issue with ANZ is, they are making all their customer sign with their sigs rather than a pin. Its the only bank that is doing this atm. ive told many many customers over the last week or so.

Craven

HSC
As far as I have experienced it only seems to be some ANZ cards.

I just realised that I'm working Saturday in cash office and I have no idea what I need to do re: issuing self-serve floats! :S

bdude

HSC
WoWPoS' EFTPOS Cash Out system seems unnecessiarily complicated. On Coles' systems when it comes to Cash Out the screen defaults to entering a cash out amount or you can just tap on "Total EFT amount" to change that

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
WoWPoS' EFTPOS Cash Out system seems unnecessiarily complicated. On Coles' systems when it comes to Cash Out the screen defaults to entering a cash out amount or you can just tap on "Total EFT amount" to change that
That would be too easy for Woolworths!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)