• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Seriously, the fact is that a lot of people on this forum need to realise that it's not really a case of atheists or Christians 'attacking' others, it's really everyone attacking everyone else's beliefs. Personally, who cares what someone else personally believes?

Religion doesn't warrant attacking, particularly since there is no final proof that any religion is entirely wrong per se. We don't know whether a God exists or not. The only reason why anyone would therefore attack another religion is prejudice, which is stupid.

Religion is a belief that is personal. It is an individual's choice and an individuals concern. Not only should they not be targeted but they, whether they're atheists, Christians, Muslims or Jews should stop forcing their beliefs onto others. It's your choice so keep it to yourself.

Also Katie Tully, I'm not saying your point of view is wrong, but your statistics are quite inaccurate. Buddhism is ranked 6th of all religions with 346 million followers. Christianity is 1st with 2.1 billion followers, 2nd is Islam with 1.5 billion followers, 3rd Secularism/Atheism/Agnoticism with 1.1 billion then Hinduism with 900 million, Chinese traditional beliefs, followed by Buddhism.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Seriously, the fact is that a lot of people on this forum need to realise that it's not really a case of those that don't believe in Fairys or people that do believe in fairys 'attacking' others, it's really everyone attacking everyone else's beliefs. Personally, who cares what someone else personally believes?

Fairy tales doesn't warrant attacking, particularly since there is no final proof that any belief in fairys is entirely wrong per se. We don't know whether Fairys exists or not. The only reason why anyone would therefore attack another belief in fairys is prejudice, which is stupid.

Fairies is a belief that is personal. It is an individual's choice and an individuals concern. Not only should they not be targeted but they, whether they're not believers in fairys, Pink Fairy believers, Purple Fairy believers or Blue Fairy belevers should stop forcing their beliefs onto others. It's your choice so keep it to yourself.

That is equivalent to the nonsense you just wrote.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Okay ad infinitum, I'm willing to accept your argument if you can justify why both fairies and religion are definitely wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
They attack it because they recongise in it, on some level, its Truth and Life. If it be true, then all that they hold valuable will be nothing but deathhh

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Christian beliefs, even if there is a god, religion is but fiction.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Christianity affects our lives daily because our lawmakers make laws from a christian perspective.

We have no euthanasia, we have what amounts to effectively criminalised abortion in NSW.

The drug law came from christianity, etc.

The policies that are most anti-human come from a christian backing.

I mean for fuck's sake, gay people can't even get married in this country and have the same rights as married straight couples. How is that acceptable?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Seriously, the fact is that a lot of people on this forum need to realise that it's not really a case of atheists or Christians 'attacking' others, it's really everyone attacking everyone else's beliefs. Personally, who cares what someone else personally believes?

Religion doesn't warrant attacking, particularly since there is no final proof that any religion is entirely wrong per se. We don't know whether a God exists or not. The only reason why anyone would therefore attack another religion is prejudice, which is stupid.

Religion is a belief that is personal. It is an individual's choice and an individuals concern. Not only should they not be targeted but they, whether they're atheists, Christians, Muslims or Jews should stop forcing their beliefs onto others. It's your choice so keep it to yourself.

Also Katie Tully, I'm not saying your point of view is wrong, but your statistics are quite inaccurate. Buddhism is ranked 6th of all religions with 346 million followers. Christianity is 1st with 2.1 billion followers, 2nd is Islam with 1.5 billion followers, 3rd Secularism/Atheism/Agnoticism with 1.1 billion then Hinduism with 900 million, Chinese traditional beliefs, followed by Buddhism.
I got my statistics from WIKIPEDIA, probably the most reliable text on the internet and probably 100x more accurate than anything written in the Bible.

I added Hindus and Buddhists together to get the 2 billion figure.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na you just sense in us your own unalterable death. The only thing that stops you changing course is impossible pride - like when Pilot asks Christ if he's "really King of the Jews?" because he sensed a great truth to Jesus, and when our saviour recognised this and replied "do you ask this for yourself or for others?", Pilot's ego couldnt hack that and he was all like 'i have power over your fkn life dude' /ofc i dont ask it of myself u petty jew, i'm a mighty emperor etc

Last edited:

micuzzo

HSC
Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.

THIS IS COMPLETLEY DIFFERNET TO WHAT THE CHRISTIANS DO AS YOUR MOM WAS FORCED TO LAERN ISLAM AS A PART OF HER SCHOOL CURRICULUM. WHEREAS CHRISTIANS KNOCK ON PEOPLES DOORS AND TALK TO PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET TO PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO BE BOTHERED.[/quote]

i just feel it neccessary to say this:

people giv it to christians because they want to share the word of God, i guess i see how this will annoy some people.. However have ppl ever come to realise that every single day of our life we are bombarded with information against Christian values... wats the prob if some try to reaffirm these values... we are all a product of the hegemony... tv tells us to do stupid things n follow dumb trends... magazines encourage drinking and under age sex... the radio is constantly speaking about erections.... everywhere we turn we are being bombarded...[yes little by little our nation is turning into mini USA]

choose Jesus not religion... only Jesus can save!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Ok, that's alright Katie Tully, just checking. I believe you.

Anyway, as yet noone on this forum who thinks religion is wrong has justified why they take this point of view though.

Also, even if a religion is 'wrong' then that does not mean it should be targeted. I mean, if I believed the moon was made of cheese (not that I do, just an example), it would be my personal belief. How is it going to impact you? Is it going to make your head explode in a gory mess if I told you that I thought the moon was made of cheese?

As long as I don't force these beliefs on you then you shouldn't have any reason to attack me, because it simply doesn't concern you. You shouldn't care and simply ignore it if you think it's wrong.

Finally, if you say God is not real with such conviction, prove it.

Admittedly I can't prove God, but with any lack of evidence asserting he doesn't exist, I'm likely to give the benefit of the doubt. I have nothing to lose if he doesn't exist, but if he does, well, I'm not taking the risk of going to Hell.

Even if suppose God doesn't exist, religion is a code on a suitable lifestyle that people should adhere to. If they follow this code, what does it matter to anyone else?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Ok, that's alright Katie Tully, just checking. I believe you.

Anyway, as yet noone on this forum who thinks religion is wrong has justified why they take this point of view though.

Also, even if a religion is 'wrong' then that does not mean it should be targeted. I mean, if I believed the moon was made of cheese (not that I do, just an example), it would be my personal belief. How is it going to impact you? Is it going to make your head explode in a gory mess if I told you that I thought the moon was made of cheese?

As long as I don't force these beliefs on you then you shouldn't have any reason to attack me, because it simply doesn't concern you. You shouldn't care and simply ignore it if you think it's wrong.

Finally, if you say God is not real with such conviction, prove it.

Admittedly I can't prove God, but with any lack of evidence asserting he doesn't exist, I'm likely to give the benefit of the doubt. I have nothing to lose if he doesn't exist, but if he does, well, I'm not taking the risk of going to Hell.

Even if suppose God doesn't exist, religion is a code on a suitable lifestyle that people should adhere to. If they follow this code, what does it matter to anyone else?
WHAT!? Why do athiests have to prove the existence of god? We are taking the default position, the burden of proof lies with you.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The point is that you cannot disprove God and hence you cannot say that God definitely does not exist. That way you cannot assert that we are 'wrong' in believing in God. It's alright if you believe he doesn't exist, I'm fine with that. But there is no need in people attacking others because they do believe in God, as you can't really disprove him in the first place anyway.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Man you cunts are fucking dumb. I dont think anyone of us has said we attack christianity because it's theistic, btu rather because it DOES have an effect on our lives when it shouldn't.

If you believe the moon is cheese yeah sweet as bro. If you believe in god likewise. But when you say "YOU CAN'T END THAT COWS LIFE BECAUSE IT MAY ONE DAY PRODUCE CHEESE, AND CHEESE IS WHAT MAKES UP MY MOON GOD!" And then that became the motherfucking law, then I'd be annoyed. See the difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)