State rank (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We should make a social club - "The 14 Unit Club"!!! But I'm too lazy so one of you guys can make it and just invite me in later =P

To the OP, if you do 4 unit Maths and English - then you should be fine. Although the lack of sciences could be... a bit of a weak point in your push for Medicine. That being said, I'm pushing for Medicine too. So good luck =)

Tangent

HSC
i think you'll find that even if they dont ask you to do any sciences, they will assume a lot of knowledge.

you'll just have to do some bridging courses

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
could u self learn the sciences after the hsc rather than do a bridging course? coz the bridging courses cost money.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Self-learn? I suppose you could. Although you should've saved yourself the trouble by picking the course for the HSC.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
hey, if i get 70 in visual arts, dt and society and culture, do you think I can still get an ATAR of 98? :( help please! i erally want to get into medicine at some university. thanks.
You have no fucking chance, darl.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I find the idea you can do Medicine (e.g. U Syd) without having done chemistry & bio ridiculous; I don't care if the people responsible for this are themselves medical academics.

It's a bit like you can pursue Physics without maths.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Nope, the prerequisites for medicine in Sydney U is just math ext 1, chemistry and/or physics.

It's only UNSW that needs at least standard english.
But I'm not going to do medicine at UNSW anyway. =)
ahh that's good to hear.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
You basically need at least all your subjects at mid 90s to secure your med position.

Arg.. with those subjects, go study yo ass off and get state ranks or somethin
Yar.

Sorry OP, unless you can magically get 97+ for those subjects your chances are slim to none.

Just aim to get the best marks you can and get into med via back doors (keep in mind that the competition here is super intense).

h3ll h0und

HSC
Yar.

Sorry OP, unless you can magically get 97+ for those subjects your chances are slim to none.

Just aim to get the best marks you can and get into med via back doors (keep in mind that the competition here is super intense).
i heard you cant get into med via 'back doors' if u get below 95 atar? if i were OP id try and at least get 95 ATAR...but i think 70 is not sufficient for an atar of 95+. goodluck.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Maths Extension 1 and Chemistry/Physics to get into Medicine.. really?

Well I'd like to now announce my intention to get into Medicine. Doctor Shadowdude, ftw!

Paradox.101

HSC
it's okay paradox. to be honest, I'd rather a direct and honest approach as opposed to a lie. I'm not particularly familar with the scaling system and its functioning, so yeah, I had no idea what to expect in response. I'm glad I was told the truth though - I wouldn't have wanted to form some false assumptions which would have worked out badly for me in the long-run! Thanks people! Appreciated. = )
Rock on, that's the spirit :p
Like ninetypercent said, try harder and you might get there!

K

khorne

Sydney med is post-grad...so, they offer for people who got (99.95 UAI (not atar)) a chance to do a Ba. of something, and when they finish that, they get straight into med.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Post Grad..?

Well, Bachelor of Mathematics first for me... and then Doctor Shadowdude.

Is there anything else I need to know before I embark on this journey?

h3ll h0und

HSC
Sydney med is post-grad...so, they offer for people who got (99.95 UAI (not atar)) a chance to do a Ba. of something, and when they finish that, they get straight into med.
but u need a really high atar...last year it was 99.95 i think?

saberbladexx

HSC
at least 99.95 ATAR? but that's only 20 or so people
99.95UAI*, mysterious or w/e is wrong.
So you need atleast 99.90 ATAR. Like Omg said like 50 people get it or above.

OP if you're doing very well in 4u/4u then getting into med is possible.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yes. considering the fact that 4u english + 4 unit maths is already 8 units, then it's quite possible that the OP can make it into medicine (if she is really good at maths and english)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i heard you cant get into med via 'back doors' if u get below 95 atar? if i were OP id try and at least get 95 ATAR...but i think 70 is not sufficient for an atar of 95+. goodluck.
You can, but it'll be harder and you'll probably have to resort to going overseas XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)