• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To Study or not to Study (2 Viewers)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Now that year 12 is finally here, what are your study habits both planned and realised?

Personally I plan on doing ~2/3 hours every night, but atm I'm only doing between 1 and 2 :(

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
That's fine
Even 30 minutes a night is fine (for now)

At this time last year, I was doing 5 hours a night. I ended up absolutely smashing most of my exams but then I burnt out in the holidays and I never quite caught back up.
Consistency is the key, even if it's only half an hour a night ;)

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
That's fine
Even 30 minutes a night is fine (for now)

At this time last year, I was doing 5 hours a night. I ended up absolutely smashing most of my exams but then I burnt out in the holidays and I never quite caught back up.
Consistency is the key, even if it's only half an hour a night ;)
yeah that

and dont focus your whole day on studying, just dedicate like that hour or so, which is what im doing, to whatever youre studying and then take your mind off it
do sport or something, pump some iron, whatever

and all the stuff you studied should come back to you easily

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Sort of... being the uber dedicated person I am, I "study" during lunch and my free periods and when I get home, I study for an hour or more... but during my study time, I'm not studying continuously. Most of the time is spent daydreaming with drool hanging out the side of my mouth. How do I keep focused? >.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
Sort of... being the uber dedicated person I am, I "study" during lunch and my free periods and when I get home, I study for an hour or more... but during my study time, I'm not studying continuously. Most of the time is spent daydreaming with drool hanging out the side of my mouth. How do I keep focused? >.
wow dedication at lunch, relax man. Enjoy for now. I only have 2 assessments tasks this term (eng and maths) and both end of term so plenty of time.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I'm doing around 2 hours a night. and I only do Maths. perhaps I should dedicate time to each subject.. like perhaps 20 minutes each subject a day or something.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
wow dedication at lunch, relax man. Enjoy for now. I only have 2 assessments tasks this term (eng and maths) and both end of term so plenty of time.
I am enjoying myself, I'm enjoying the cool conditioned air of the library. Hurrhurr.
I'm doing around 2 hours a night. and I only do Maths. perhaps I should dedicate time to each subject.. like perhaps 20 minutes each subject a day or something.
I kinda do that. I start off with math (because it's the hardest) until I've finished all the exercises I've set myself (no time limit). Then I set 30 minutes for physics, 30 for chem, 20 for english and whatever time I have left is spent on IPT.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)