General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Bunzhou

HSC
Re: Hsc 2009 bio exam

Lol luck is on your side.

So happy about the big mark questions; 5 mark on hygiene was easy, 6 mark I had studies the day before in detail, 7 mark for Communication was my assignment and the 8 mark I had studied in the morning and filled up two pages :D

lolrofllol

HSC

i want to know this too. I put A.
I think crossing over just mixes alleles, not creating new ones. Mutation in the DNA however, creates new allels (e.g. albinism)

Venom.

HSC

I think crossing over just mixes alleles, not creating new ones. Mutation in the DNA however, creates new allels (e.g. albinism)
Do genes have DNA?

Genes are on chromosomes, chromosomal DNA.

I changed that fucking answer when I looked back on it :rofl2: I had mutation in gene originally.

Bunzhou

HSC
I don't think so.. I put A

I think you only quarantine to check if they have a disease and then isolate them.. it already tells you that they're diseased.

You probably should also vaccinate to make sure that healthy animals dont get it by developing immunity to it.

i think the answ to q 4 is c

what do you guys think otherwise

lolrofllol

HSC

DEFINETLY B

stomatas need to be open at night for gas exchange cus they respier at night they need to open up for exygen and release CO2

In that case I may be wrong and it could be D. B doesn't really show open stomates at night...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

yeaaah i thought it wasnt too bad overall
about the same as the CSSA trials i thought
hopefully ill get the same mark as i got in the trials!

i didnt really like the multiple choice.. after the exam my teacher came up 2 me and said she'd kill me if i didnt get 15/15 for it hahaha.. but she'll never find out anyway :p

some questions were stupid (like the experiment on plant diseases which we had to write about wtf)

but all in all, i think i went alrite :)

Venom.

HSC
I'm gonna stop reading this thread/getting depressed.

If I get 10/15 for multiple I still think raw 85+ is possible.

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
I had A for Q4. Reason being is that isolation is the key to quarantine, if you move them you're spreading the disease from that enclosure. It says that 'A disease has been identified in animals in one enclosure of the farm', Why would you move them out of that enclosure to another one?

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Can someone please explain what they wrote for Section II part (a) on the breast-cancer stimulus material? My brain wasn't processing the information and I messed up my answer on that big time.

hermine

HSC

DEFINETLY B

stomatas need to be open at night for gas exchange cus they respier at night they need to open up for exygen and release CO2

if the stomatas need to be open at night for gas exchange wouldnt they need to have a larger stomata size? B shows their stomata size is smaller at midnight indicating theyre closed so wouldnt that make it wrong?

Cataclysm

HSC

some questions were stupid (like the experiment on plant diseases which we had to write about wtf)

but all in all, i think i went alrite :)
That was a stupid question and really broad in my opinion, but then I just assumed they were asking for something like Koch's postulates, so I did something along those lines...

lolrofllol

HSC
I had A for Q4. Reason being is that isolation is the key to quarantine, if you move them you're spreading the disease from that enclosure. It says that 'A disease has been identified in animals in one enclosure of the farm', Why would you move them out of that enclosure to another one?
I had the same answer with similar reasoning.. Should be A

SamQ

HSC
I dont think it was as easy as all you think it was.. but whatever.

Kidney question was bs
drawing so many diagrams was bs
atleast communication option was easy
I felt a few mc came down to 2 or so answers which I couldnt really be sure of.. O2/CO2 anyone?
I feel like a lot of the syllabus I studied for in depth wasnt in it, and certain specific things that I only knew in general had specific questions on it; i.e. the kidney question. Oh well win some you lose some...:(

Last edited:

Bunzhou

HSC
Updated answers to my knowledge of what is correct...

1. A or C
2. B
3. B
4. A
5. C
6. C
7. A
8. B
9. C
10. A
11. B or D (most likely.. B)
12. C
13. B
14. D
15. D

lolrofllol

HSC
Can someone please explain what they wrote for Section II part (a) on the breast-cancer stimulus material? My brain wasn't processing the information and I messed up my answer on that big time.
I wrote that screening for the breast cancer gene could lead to its removal from the human genome through abortion, but this would be unethical (lol all i could think of)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)