General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Ben Taylor

HSC
reallyy?????

i had like one minute to check my answers that was it and what did you's write for the 8marker on communication????

i stuffed it up

xx
Basically, I wrote about the way sound travels to the brain, then I said that knowledge of the energy transformations resulted in the invent of the hearing aid and cochlear implant - and i described both, and their impact on society - pretty easy question really:sun:)

mostwanted092

HSC
Re: Hsc 2009 bio exam

The exam was ok. The only tricky section for me was the 6 marker on the kidney (wtf). The 8 marker was a bit challenging but i hope to get some marks for it. i made a few mistakes which i had to cross out grrr ie enantiostasis. Why did i have to write a marine animal instead of a plant. Man i got to learn how to read. Communication was fairly easy

cross fingers for a band 6
WHATTTTTTTTTT???!?!?! DID IT SAAY PLANTT!!! F*KKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:burn:
im screwed. :mad:

mourdhuj

HSC
yeh thought the exam today was pretty easy, not much challenging ??, what did u guys do for the diagram of the kidney? did anyone draw a nephron n label it ?

ronnie2151

HSC

It was definately B, why would stomates open at night when there is no light to photosynthesise with? They open early morning, close midday and open at dawn to minimise the water loss during the hottest part of the day.

Buddy ur right in a way, however the whole stomate issue depends on the plant and the envirionment it is in, since the question specifies that the plant is a DRY ENVIRIONMENT, it would be D because plants such as succulents CLOSE stomata during the day and OPEN stomata at night relying on CO2 photosynthesis. B would be appropriate for plants that are not in arid and dry conditions, therefore they can afford to lose some water to photosynthsise.
So people i am pretty sure its D, dont u just hate these type of ambigious questions. And by the way the person who put A for question 2 WTF?????

ktl_edwards

HSC

The exam was ok. The only tricky section for me was the 6 marker on the kidney (wtf). The 8 marker was a bit challenging but i hope to get some marks for it. i made a few mistakes which i had to cross out grrr ie enantiostasis. Why did i have to write a marine animal instead of a plant. Man i got to learn how to read. Communication was fairly easy

cross fingers for a band 6

Lol haha I did the same thing....stupid me...read the entiostasis question wrong and wrote a lengthy half page about stoopid fish!!! hahaha Read the question again and it was asking for a plant!!!! hahaha I managed to squeeze in my answer with the space i had..

I need glasses! :) Other then that...I did alright yayayaya!!! Last exam tomorrow wooooo!
:D

sonialamba

HSC

did you say you drew the nephron or the kidney? i ffeddd up and drew the nephron!! 6 marks gone.. devoooo

HSC
hey i was confused with that 7 marker(not 8) question on communication
isn't it talking about auditory canal+organ of corti ..how they all work to detect vibrations and soundetc then just naming the technologies (hearing aid and ccochlea implant)

i also wrote sonic shadow and eustchian? tube just to fill the lines
but im not sure if im right
umm i dont think you were supposed to write about eustachian and sound shadow but oh well.....at least its over now i can burn my bio notez.....yay!!!!.......=)

Venom.

HSC
how did u guys draw your graphs about the growth of the wheat? =/
Yeah I was thinking of doing those big building thingies. But then there weren't enough slots. So I plotted points and just joined them.

sonialamba

HSC
yeh thought the exam today was pretty easy, not much challenging ??, what did u guys do for the diagram of the kidney? did anyone draw a nephron n label it ?

i did cause im an idiot! how i got the word nephron from the word kidney is still beyond me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)