Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Click Here :)
anyways overall, the notes are pretty decent, considering it doesnt talk about any bs, just the straight relevant material, tutors are really good, believe it or not - they mightve just left high school, but theyre really smart in their respective areas, especially english. I like the homework, even though it gets pretty hard, and class sizes are really a strong point since they never take more than 13 students, but in most cases its 5-10 students in one class, overall pretty decent from my perspective :)
To me they sound really good. Just the price.

PROFESSOROAK

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if anyone does english at talent100 because i was considering to start. Anyone know if it is any good?

h3ll h0und

HSC
i went there for chemistry....my rank went from 64th in half yearly to 11th in yearly (2nd in my chem prac) at a selective high school...so i guess it did help me quite alot... but it does have its downsides....the bit about marking is partially true...some markers only read like a couple of lines and give u full marks or sometimes they cbb and if it dosnt match their perfect answer just give a zero.

r3d3mption

Banned
HSC
I've told you it's a crap place. There's no organisation, not all tutors are good but some are, people don't take marking seriously. BTW Richard's hawt.

Last edited:

r3d3mption

Banned
HSC
i went there for chemistry....my rank went from 64th in half yearly to 11th in yearly (2nd in my chem prac) at a selective high school...so i guess it did help me quite alot... but it does have its downsides....the bit about marking is partially true...some markers only read like a couple of lines and give u full marks or sometimes they cbb and if it dosnt match their perfect answer just give a zero.
I think you would be better off getting a private Chemistry Tutor. It allows you to practice your weaknesses more. Also the papers they make are just based off HSC and other school papers. Why not just use other school chemistry and past HSC papers to practice? It's basicly the same. Learn the syllabus and learn the techniques to achieving full marks.
Also the scaling thing is totally bullshit. Too bad they proved IQ to have a hereditary value of approximately 0.6 which accounts for quite a bit 0.4 is environmental. Meaning if no matter what subjects you do if you don't do well in them you won't achieve a high ATAR. Scaling is based off your rank in your school and how well your school does as a whole.

rheyn

HSC
Also the scaling thing is totally bullshit ... Meaning if no matter what subjects you do if you don't do well in them you won't achieve a high ATAR. Scaling is based off your rank in your school and how well your school does as a whole.
Um what the...? The "scaling thing" is actually really true. Obviously you have to be able to do well in that subject (that's one of the first things established in the Talent scaling talk thing), but if you're capable of doing well in every subject you do then obviously you have to allocate your efforts according to factors such as time, scaling, etc.

Hypothetical example: at the moment I'm looking at a 96 in 4 unit maths, but if I spend an extra, say, 4 hours a week working on 4U then I'll probably get 97-98. But when you consider the scaling for 4U maths: the scaled value of a 96 in 4U compared with a scaled 98 is soo close that it doesn't make that much of a difference to your aggregate in the end.

Instead I'll be much better off allocating that extra 4 hours to chem/phys where the difference between a 95 and a 97 (yeah I know 97 is pratically a state rank) is much larger, and thus will do a better job of increasing my aggregate and ATAR.

Scaling is based off your rank in your school and how well your school does as a whole.
Um... ok... Scaling is based off how well the state's cohort of a subject performs compared to the cohort of another subject (doesn't have anything to do with school, maybe you're getting that confused with moderating and aligning of assessment marks)

ikuy

HSC
yeh, it's pretty expensive, but the tutors there are really good.
specially sen xD
their workbooks and stuff are full of information and very... enlightening on a specific subject

my mind's not really comprehensible so i'll shut up now.
-_-

r3d3mption

Banned
HSC
You quite clearly work for Talent.
Good point lets all go talent100, how does the cohort of one subject in comparison to another subject allow scaling? What if all smart people do Chem and they compare that to all the dumb people doing Community Service?

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
yeh, it's pretty expensive, but the tutors there are really good.
specially sen
xD
their workbooks and stuff are full of information and very... enlightening on a specific subject

my mind's not really comprehensible so i'll shut up now.
-_-
lol yeh sen's awesome =D let me guess...r u joanna?

CartoonHero

HSC
N/A
i don't understand why you guys don't like Talent 100. But I found it pretty cool. The teachers here are quite smart and easy to talk to. I would recommend Talent100.

Simorgh

HSC
Charlie

Talent for high end student?

I don't think Talent is just for high end students. I believe it is for students at every level, including high end students.

We teach everything from first principles, meaning that everyone should be able to understand. What's more I've seen average students rise to the top of the grade. One of our students in Sydney Boys was not even going to take Physics, and ended up coming 5th in the written section.

Conversely, we have someone who is the dux of the year and who has been able to continue topping his assessments and further his lead.

And 'Hardcore', in regards to one of teh "stupid" guys doing the testimonial
, the most important thing is that he is improving. As I said, we aim to be exceptional as well as accessible.

Regards,

Richard
Richard if your still here on BOS, I am sorry to say this but Talent100 is pretty crap. I have said this before and I will say it again. What's the need of wasting so much money on these excessive things like moving electronic signboards, dozens of IPads everywhere which aren't being used most of the time, over the top fancy classrooms, funky rolling chairs and more useless shit? People want to go there and learn, not to bathe in luxury!

You excessively advertise everywhere about having 99+ ATAR and Selective school graduates as teachers, which doesn't necessarily mean their good at teaching. Its all about money and reputation right, Richard? You created this place just to get idolised in every aspect of the centres function, including having your face in the advertising, info booklets and what else..

Btw your staff are a bunch of rude and selfish pricks, who don't know how to talk and have the social skills to deal with the many parents and students. All your lessons are excessively expensive, and have been hurting the pockets of many innocent and caring parents who just want a better future for their kids!

Just because you went to Sydney Grammar, got 100 UAI back in the day and came from a rich family doesn't mean you can rip people off the way Talent100 has been doing. Your not a reputable brand or anywhere close to that, giving away Talent100 advertised shirts and bags and advertising on Facebook doesn't improve your image in anyways. You care more about being a business than a learning centre more than anything else.

Funny how you put more time and money into your advertising, if you had already been a decent functioning tuition place.

Simorgh

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Richard if your still here on BOS, I am sorry to say this but Talent100 is pretty crap. I have said this before and I will say it again. What's the need of wasting so much money on these excessive things like moving electronic signboards, dozens of IPads everywhere which aren't being used most of the time, over the top fancy classrooms, funky rolling chairs and more useless shit? People want to go there and learn, not to bathe in luxury!

You excessively advertise everywhere about having 99+ ATAR and Selective school graduates as teachers, which doesn't necessarily mean their good at teaching. Its all about money and reputation right, Richard? You created this place just to get idolised in every aspect of the centres function, including having your face in the advertising, info booklets and what else..

Btw your staff are a bunch of rude and selfish pricks, who don't know how to talk and have the social skills to deal with the many parents and students. All your lessons are excessively expensive, and have been hurting the pockets of many innocent and caring parents who just want a better future for their kids!

Just because you went to Sydney Grammar, got 100 UAI back in the day and came from a rich family doesn't mean you can rip people off the way Talent100 has been doing. Your not a reputable brand or anywhere close to that, giving away Talent100 advertised shirts and bags and advertising on Facebook doesn't improve your image in anyways. You care more about being a business than a learning centre more than anything else.

Funny how you put more time and money into your advertising, if you had already been a decent functioning tuition place.

Simorgh
+1

Simorgh, you shoudn't be sorry to tell the moneygrubber Richard that talent100 is crap, you should say it right in his face and tell him talent100 is a shithole.

Does advertising make a tution centre succeed? No not neccearily, there have been tuition centres which have done beyond well without the scope of advertisng. You hear me. Tutoring centres which advertise are scumbags and losers like you and your talent100.

I hope that one day talent100, the brain, terry lee and tipps education can go to the tutoring graveyard and someone and piss over all your grave. Disrespectful arseholes.

I hate you beyond guts

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Dodgy? Have you even been to Talent 100?

Also, the rate is only $20/hr which is more than reasonable when compared to prior and matrix.
pfffffffffffft. My fucking ass you charge that price. Don't try to scam us richard. We're not idiots Okay. Watch yourself

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
About half of our tutors who have gotten 99.85+ uai or state rankings did tutoring. Theres no real pattern that i know of.
Don't boast this shit to us okay. Good results don't neccesarily mean good teaching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)