When does the 'Career Fair' at MQ start? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

Next year, when does the Career Fair Event start?

I'm talking about that event where people from different companies come to the uni and provide career information to the students.

I'm not sure if there was one this year, coz I didn't go to one.

But if there is one next year, when does it generally start?

Thanks everyone.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I could probably search for the specifics now, but I'm too lazy :p - you can check out the careers site (find the link through the main mq site) for a schedule of events next year.

p.s. the fairs are good for "networking", picking up brochures, and asking any specific questions you have - but beyond that, they are of limited use...

HSC
I could probably search for the specifics now, but I'm too lazy :p - you can check out the careers site (find the link through the main mq site) for a schedule of events next year.

p.s. the fairs are good for "networking", picking up brochures, and asking any specific questions you have - but beyond that, they are of limited use...
Yeah that's what I wanna do, get good info on things like graduate opportunities.

How many companies normally go to the Fair? Like less than 20, or more?

Peartie

HSC
when i went (i cant remember if it was earlier this year or mid last year :|) there were alot more than 20...although it was kind of annoying for me because the major focus was on economics, commerce and business which is a field i dont want to / cant (because of lack of economic degree) do...

HSC
when i went (i cant remember if it was earlier this year or mid last year :|) there were alot more than 20...although it was kind of annoying for me because the major focus was on economics, commerce and business which is a field i dont want to / cant (because of lack of economic degree) do...
Ah ok. Did you recognise any science related companies when you went there?

Peartie

HSC
Ah ok. Did you recognise any science related companies when you went there?
no...but i wasn't really looking for them...I actually think there may have been one....but i still reccomend going....they give you a list of degrees listing what stalls are specifically looking for people from these degrees...it can be worth it...

HSC
no...but i wasn't really looking for them...I actually think there may have been one....but i still reccomend going....they give you a list of degrees listing what stalls are specifically looking for people from these degrees...it can be worth it...
Ah ok. Yeah I'm definately going to it next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)