• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Someone on another site said that apparently Woolies in Rundle Mall will be closed for the first half of next year for a MAJOR refit.

ytrbut

HSC
Someone on another site said that apparently Woolies in Rundle Mall will be closed for the first half of next year for a MAJOR refit.
It needs it - worst looking Woolies ever. I'll ask at my work tonight if they've heard anything about it being closed.

Craven

HSC
I knew it would be something like that :p

I left a big nasty note on todays roster saying "PLEASE get the smokeload received during the day, no one rostered on tonight knows how to do it. Honestly, the day supervisor yesterday said it was fairly quiet, surely they could have spared the smokeshop operator for half an hour or however long it takes to receive it. Yet it meant that by the time the DM received it, we had 10 minutes to get 7 boxes away and spot 6 tills. Not good. And they wonder why we don't leave on time...
Anyways, rant over.
Do you mean receive through RF? :S That should only take 2 minutes? Or you mean check off the load? Haha.

HSC
checking it off i think. i don't know, i'm not really sure what you have to do with it. though, like harry said not long ago, i'm sure they just sit there for half an hour doing nothing.

HSC
I'm sure they would have known, but it could have been a computer glitch. I remember around the same time (June last year) our systems were constantly displaying all tills 200-300 out, stayed that way for a couple of weeks.
Well, that's alright but the $300 happened in May this year. :( There was also around $40 short on Xmas eve but there were 3 others using the register I used.

PyroTek

HSC
checking it off i think. i don't know, i'm not really sure what you have to do with it. though, like harry said not long ago, i'm sure they just sit there for half an hour doing nothing.
It's pretty easy

Go to Stock management > orders Tab (or was it Reports) > (If it is reports, in the drop down menu go to orders and find "detailed received order" - if its not reports, same thing, look for "detailed received order")

look for the order on <todays date> that probably says something with the word "SECURITY" in it. Just click it - press add and press okay, and in one of the boxes you can select just the cigarettes bit of the order - and print it...

REALLY vague instructions I think...

Anyway, All they have to do is take each carton out etc. find it on the list, and cross it out - if it says more than 1 in the Qty column, they gotta find all the cartons to be sure..

Pyro!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Our SM is going to abother store for the next 3 or 4 weeks, leaving our 2 STMs in charge.

Also, the 2IC from my department is on holidays for the next 4 weeks, and they aren't replacing her. :essplode:
So I'm on on the manager's days off. Fun fun.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
cig load should only take 10 minutes per box, or there abouts. All you do is mark off whats in the box against what the report says you should have gotten so that if they do make a mistake (it does happen, probably in 1 in every 10 loads for us) your counts arent out.

As for certs, i know in my area that ask for expressions of interest for Cert III (which prospective dept managers take), and Cert IV is pretty much SMT (obviously there is some additional stuff for SMT)

SS-champion

HSC
Talked with SSS, and she just wanted to know what my plans for the future were with the company and all that sort of stuff. CSM was there too and he went through my appraisal with her and me. He said he was considering putting me into management next year (4IC/3IC I'm guessing?) So it was all good lol. I was freaking out!!!!!!
What are your future plans? lol

I got asked the same question by my SM earlier this year but I just said that I was studying at uni at the moment and was happy with my part time job! :)

groovygirl

HSC
workin on nye from 5pm till 9pm fml cant go to sydney harbour and watch the foreworks. Im working 6 days this week. Lucky my store closes 9pm instead of our usual time og 11pm. fuck yes get to go home earlier and watch fireworks with the family. Hopefully nye wont be as busy as christmas eve.

bensneddon

HSC
cig load should only take 10 minutes per box, or there abouts. All you do is mark off whats in the box against what the report says you should have gotten so that if they do make a mistake (it does happen, probably in 1 in every 10 loads for us) your counts arent out.
I just receive the order segment line by line, instead of in full. That way if there is a mispick, I don't receive the stock that wasn't in the load (if that makes sense)

I know this isn't policy, but it works for us. On that note - what is the policy for receiving security loads these days?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Only working 5am - 3pm and 6pm - 8pm today, pretty short day for me actually.

bdude

HSC
You can't get refunds on iTunes cards can you? I just bought some but now the Coles deal is a way better offer (oh and :p)

Harry778

HSC
What are your future plans? lol

I got asked the same question by my SM earlier this year but I just said that I was studying at uni at the moment and was happy with my part time job! :)
Probably keep doing what I'm doing. I've been doing closes supervision every second week end, 15.30-24.30 saturday and 13.30-22.30 sundays and I do 11-20 s/vision every wednesday. Other shifts are smoke shop and some operator. Rarely get self serve..cos it fucking sucks. lol. And my CSM he's got a lot planned for me next year..probably alot for supervision..well hopefully! And I am trained in the office but I only get like 2 shifts a month in there. SSM said she wanted me in there more...but my mum is coming to my store as head office cashier/SSM for 3 weeks, so I wont be allowed to do supervision or office while shes SSM.

Craven

HSC
You can't get refunds on iTunes cards can you? I just bought some but now the Coles deal is a way better offer (oh and :p)
No.
But you can only buy one voucher in the Coles offer so meh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)