Who is ready for yr 11? (1 Viewer)

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
LMAO just read my 2010 horoscope (not that I believe in it but I'm always curious to know whether it becomes true or not)

Rooster: A competitive year amongst colleagues.. etc.etc. (that's probably true). My whole grade will all be competitive.

Libra: I will enjoy working hard this year. :confused: LOL

Anyways... Officeworks is having a sale :D I've already made a list of the things I want.
Is the 'Back2School' sale already on at Officeworks?

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Wtf... that was pretty fast. It's barely 2010, and they're already having the Back2School Sale O_O

Anyway, it doesn't matter for me either way, because my parents work at a newsagent, so I can go to their stock provider and get what I need at a very low price :D Provided that my Dad tells them that what we buy is for the newsagent, not for me :S

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Wtf... that was pretty fast. It's barely 2010, and they're already having the Back2School Sale O_O

Anyway, it doesn't matter for me either way, because my parents work at a newsagent, so I can go to their stock provider and get what I need at a very low price :D Provided that my Dad tells them that what we buy is for the newsagent, not for me :S
LOL. I wish my dad owned a newsagent, I think I'd be in heaven <3 LMAO.

That's so awesome. I would love an endless supply of stationery.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Yep I saw it on television. Big W has already started.
I'll probably check out Big W first. Generally a little cheaper.

That is very quick indeed. I thought it would usually be mid January. But it can only be better for us!

You're very lucky. Stationary cost heaps.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I'm going to start mid january or a little earlier. Usually the just start with a few sales but then around mid January they have heaps of sales and then people start buying like crazy.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Random note for 3 unit maths prelim people: Chances are, you're going to need more than one maths workbook for prelims (unless you don't do enough hw or revision)

EDIT: This is assuming you combine 2U and 3U content into one book.

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Random note for 3 unit maths prelim people: Chances are, you're going to need more than one maths workbook for prelims (unless you don't do enough hw or revision)

EDIT: This is assuming you combine 2U and 3U content into one book.

I was going to have a separate book each for 2u and 3u. Like those A4 250pg grid books. idk.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I'm going to start mid january or a little earlier. Usually the just start with a few sales but then around mid January they have heaps of sales and then people start buying like crazy.
Mid January is generally the time when stationary is the cheapest because all the retailers fight for your business and mark prices down so that you go there. But the downside is that demand will be high so it will mean that the shops are busy (er) or their isnt as much stationary and books left.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Mid January is generally the time when stationary is the cheapest because all the retailers fight for your business and mark prices down so that you go there. But the downside is that demand will be high so it will mean that the shops are busy (er) or their isnt as much stationary and books left.

That's true.

with-chu

HSC
I was going to have a separate book each for 2u and 3u. Like those A4 250pg grid books. idk.

Fat ex. books failed for me :cold:
Bulky, hard to carry... I switched to 96/128pg books after my first maths book - 250pg.

And having separate books for 2U and 3U gets annoying. Many times, I brought the wrong book on the wrong day and in the end it all got messy having to transfer notes and blah so I just wrote everything in one book in the end. For extension topics, I marked the corner of the page "3U" so I knew which pages to refer to when I was studying for a 3U assessment.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Use Year 11 to get a system right for all your books and folders and paper... I switched to using a netbook with books on the side for my final year. I think it's a lot more efficient and doesn't break my back like the 6 odd folders I had laying around for my prelim year.

I hope you guys are ready for some fun times ahead and a big jump in workload :D hehe.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Up to you, really. I combined 2U and 3U into one book because there isn't that much 3U stuff anyway for prelims imo. I doubt you're going to use up one whole book solely for 3U. And I planned to do 4U (and doing it now) so it really wouldn't matter if I DID combine them. I don't know about you though.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Up to you, really. I combined 2U and 3U into one book because there isn't that much 3U stuff anyway for prelims imo. I doubt you're going to use up one whole book solely for 3U. And I planned to do 4U (and doing it now) so it really wouldn't matter if I DID combine them. I don't know about you though.
I guess. I have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)