miss-mimmi

HSC
I'm going to hornsby for my driving test too :eek:

tell me how it goes :)

good luck!

gah can't wait for my P's!!

Peartie

HSC
I did my test at hornsby more than 3 years ago now.... all i remember is the route i was taken on was the one my instructor took me on for practice that morning so i was happy - went down past barker and then in the area on the other side of the train tracks before going back down the highway to the RTA

all i remember is that the instructor told me

"turn left up here"
*left indicator on*
"no i mean righ"
[me] "ok.....*right indicator on*"
[instructor] "no left...left i mean left....i think"
*left indicator back on*
[instructor] "no wait Right is the way you're meant to go"

by this time i was about a metre from the turn.....

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Peartie said:
I did my test at hornsby more than 3 years ago now.... all i remember is the route i was taken on was the one my instructor took me on for practice that morning so i was happy - went down past barker and then in the area on the other side of the train tracks before going back down the highway to the RTA

all i remember is that the instructor told me

"turn left up here"
*left indicator on*
"no i mean righ"
[me] "ok.....*right indicator on*"
[instructor] "no left...left i mean left....i think"
*left indicator back on*
[instructor] "no wait Right is the way you're meant to go"

by this time i was about a metre from the turn.....
hahaha what a moron instructor.

What did you do?

Peartie

HSC
turned right.....

i passed "with 100%" so wasnt going to complain

but if id failed because of it id have complained big time

miss-mimmi

HSC
heyya again!

i was wondering if you get like plenty of warning when changing lanes and turning im pretty nervous because i find it hard under pressure. :S

just gotta stay calm!

what did everyone get tested on with the parking.
oh and if i want to go for it on my car do i tell them wen i book or just rock up in my car?

thanks guys!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
they give you plenty of warning about everything they want you to do, yes. they don't specifically tell you to change lanes, but if you have to change lanes to turn right or something then they'll tell you where to turn quite a bit beforehand.

and just turn up with your car. when you turn up they'll ask you whether you're using your car or an instructor's, and whether it's auto or manual.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
dont worry too much about parking. i mean u need to know how to do it but people dont fail for stuffing up the park (unless you're an idiot and mount the kerb) they fail for going through stop signs and not giving way and stuff. concentrate on that (cos its kinda more important than your reverse park)

Peartie

HSC
dragons11 said:
Does anyone know the routes ?
trying to remember my route now - it was abt 4 years ago now....

Left out of the RTA onto Bridge Street

Right after the railway bridge

Down College Cresent

Right over the Railbridge at Clarke Road

Right at the Special School and HSPS

Left at the top of the hill

Did the reverse park, parralell park, 3 pt turn, Hill stop etc in this area

then right onto Pretoria Parade (where the RTA lady couldnt make up her mind where to go)

then left onto the highway

back to the RTA following the highway

thats basically it from memory..

but its most likely changed becaus that was 4 years ago

ask your instructor - mine took me on all the possible routes in the weeks leading up to the test- including this exact one on the day before the test...

Billie007

HSC
STOP SIGN LEAVING THE RTA. COME TO A COMPLETE STOP.

Fucking cunts...

"You're a fantastic driver Daniel, but you failed to stop at a stop sign"

"......No I didn't."

"The one leaving the driveway."

"..."
LOL EXACTLY what happened to me!!!

astounding

HSC
N/A
Ok posting one time only on this forum, just to say this, having searched for "Hornsby route".

I've failed at Blacktown 3x. Those guys are impossible. Ridiculously strict. Almost near impossible to pass there. More like 1 passes out of 50 who do the test, per day.

I did it at Blacktown because my parents live there.

So I decided to do my driving test at Hornsby (where I live).

I did 3 hours with a the god damn most educational instructor ever (knows Hornsby routes, back and forth. Including correcting all the things that otherwise would've made me loose points).

Arrived at RTA today at 11:45. Did the test.

I was talking like mad with the instructor, because just felt like talking. So did he. Jokes, stories, etc... :)

Came back. 100% pass. Just like that. After being ripped off by Blacktown FU**S 3x... pass at Horsnby first go.

Advice: Hornsby is easy! And it's driving officers are awesome and understanding, as I was told.

So take up Hornsby. I jumped to the moon with my P's, after all the time, frustration and money invested.

If you want to contact Steve, my driving instructor that I mentioned above, which I applaud for my pass... give him a buzz on: 0419 991 658. He'll come on same day or next day.

He's with L-Trends, and is a super honest and educational guy that'll skyrocket your chances of passing 1st go. I was recommended by my friend. So now I'm recommending him to everyone here. :)

You need no more then 3 hours with him. Promise you, that's enough to master Hornsby route.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Ok posting one time only on this forum, just to say this, having searched for "Hornsby route".

I've failed at Blacktown 3x. Those guys are impossible. Ridiculously strict. Almost near impossible to pass there. More like 1 passes out of 50 who do the test, per day.

I did it at Blacktown because my parents live there.

So I decided to do my driving test at Hornsby (where I live).

I did 3 hours with a the god damn most educational instructor ever (knows Hornsby routes, back and forth. Including correcting all the things that otherwise would've made me loose points).

Arrived at RTA today at 11:45. Did the test.

I was talking like mad with the instructor, because just felt like talking. So did he. Jokes, stories, etc... :)

Came back. 100% pass. Just like that. After being ripped off by Blacktown FU**S 3x... pass at Horsnby first go.

Advice: Hornsby is easy! And it's driving officers are awesome and understanding, as I was told.

So take up Hornsby. I jumped to the moon with my P's, after all the time, frustration and money invested.

If you want to contact Steve, my driving instructor that I mentioned above, which I applaud for my pass... give him a buzz on: 0419 991 658. He'll come on same day or next day.

He's with L-Trends, and is a super honest and educational guy that'll skyrocket your chances of passing 1st go. I was recommended by my friend. So now I'm recommending him to everyone here. :)

You need no more then 3 hours with him. Promise you, that's enough to master Hornsby route.
lol you're just a shit driver
what did you fail at blacktown

johnyG

HSC
anyone else got more tips for hornsby. going to be doing mine there soon probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)