Law Electives: Any advice/warnings? (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Considering doing the following units and would like any advice or warning (those blurbs on the mq site are often criminally deceptive);

LAW407: Labour Law
LAW428: Trade Practices Law
LAW429: Information Technology Law
LAW503: Taxation Law:
LAW521: Health Law and Ethics
LAW402: Family Law
LAW410: International Trade and Finance
LAW415: Dispute Management
LAW421: Foundations of Commercial Law
LAW423: Intellectual Property Law
LAW436: Modern Corporate Governance
LAW506: Succession
LAW522: Advanced Torts

*also, if you have any other law units that were fantastic, please recommend

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Considering doing the following units and would like any advice or warning (those blurbs on the mq site are often criminally deceptive);

LAW407: Labour Law
LAW428: Trade Practices Law
LAW429: Information Technology Law
LAW503: Taxation Law:
LAW521: Health Law and Ethics
LAW402: Family Law
LAW410: International Trade and Finance
LAW415: Dispute Management
LAW421: Foundations of Commercial Law
LAW423: Intellectual Property Law
LAW436: Modern Corporate Governance
LAW506: Succession
LAW522: Advanced Torts

*also, if you have any other law units that were fantastic, please recommend
LAW521 - is fantastic! I loved it as was LAW415, I would recommend both. LAW415 is very practical and you get to role play disputes so its very fun! I am doing LAW421, LAW428 and LAW522 this year so I'll let you know. I'd also recommend LAW438 - access to justice although apps would be closed for this year, look at it fot next year

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
LAW521 - is fantastic! I loved it as was LAW415, I would recommend both. LAW415 is very practical and you get to role play disputes so its very fun! I am doing LAW421, LAW428 and LAW522 this year so I'll let you know. I'd also recommend LAW438 - access to justice although apps would be closed for this year, look at it fot next year
Thank you! :spin:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you so much - just as I was struggling to decide what to pick :)
I know, it can be hard give the limited information we get. Also don't rely on the handbook dates when things are running, they often say they will run and they wont...check out the email the dean sent to your student email.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I know, it can be hard give the limited information we get. Also don't rely on the handbook dates when things are running, they often say they will run and they wont...check out the email the dean sent to your student email.
LOL - the handbook is optimistic propaganda designed to lull students into a false sense of satisfaction and excitement...I read all those emails from the dean - a joy! In a way I'm disappointed at how few units actually will be running, but then in another way, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Random - are they going to get more staff for the law department or is it wishful thinking?

hannahxxx

HSC
Random - are they going to get more staff for the law department or is it wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking ;)

Also wishful thinking- the idea that they will actually decrease 4th and 5th year subject workloads to correspond to the cp standardisation. I'll believe it when I see it

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Also wishful thinking- the idea that they will actually decrease 4th and 5th year subject workloads to correspond to the cp standardisation. I'll believe it when I see it
:haha: wishful thinking, indeed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)