Do you know anyone who's never got a Pass at uni? (1 Viewer)

ascentyx

HSC
lowest i got is D but it's pretty irrelevant since i've only done 1 yr.

Tabris

HSC
Can I ask what the advantage to having higher pass grades when you graduate are? Doesn't everyone leave with the same degree unless you do honours? or will employers looks at your passes? I may be niave, just wondering.
Same degree, but different marks and grades - and this is where it counts in job hunting.

Some employers won't even look at you unless your average mark or grade is a Distinction (some hearsay from law firms and investment banks seem to back this).

Although people will say that extra curriculars, life experience and good character/personality counts, they only count so long as you meet the minimum expectations (e.g. alot of the banks have a minimum threshold of credit average).

Once you pass the initial culling of applicants and onto the interview/assessment centre, thats where your personality, character and life experiences will be put to the test.

This is where applicants with great personality/character with credit averages can trump HD students who lack the interpersonal skills (from years of hardcore/no social life pursuits).

Of course, this is all industry dependent but given the current state of the albour market, good marks (and good extra curricular activities, character and personality) are good assets.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yeah depends on the industry. With engineering, i know most places will just be happy if you have a degree.

rx34

HSC
Me! My lowest mark was one credit. But then again it's only my first year.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Currently sitting on 5 Ds and 3 Cs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)