• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Work Experience (2 Viewers)

laura_a

HSC
Hi guys, I was just wondering I need to find a place to do work experience. I was kind of interested in something like a law firm but didn't know where abouts to go in the Sydney - Eastern Suburbs/ CBD area. Otherwise I was thinking to go into one of the big four companies like KPMG, PWC or something along those lines (as I think it might look decent if I try out for a commerce scholarship). Just needed some suggestions of firms. And lastly just for fun, maybe a hotel...?

Anything would help.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't take me up on this, but I don't believe that KPMG, PwC, EY etc take kids from Year 11 and 12. They have cadetships for Year 12 school leavers, but you don't start until 2nd Year Uni.

laura_a

HSC
ahhh fuck. I was hoping if i applied for a scholarship, that doing work experience for one of those companies would look good.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ahhh fuck. I was hoping if i applied for a scholarship, that doing work experience for one of those companies would look good.
Hahah yeah, that'd be too easy then. I'm fairly sure those companies don't accept school kids. Mainly because you'd never be able to work during office hours, when they'd need you.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys, I was just wondering I need to find a place to do work experience. I was kind of interested in something like a law firm but didn't know where abouts to go in the Sydney - Eastern Suburbs/ CBD area. Otherwise I was thinking to go into one of the big four companies like KPMG, PWC or something along those lines (as I think it might look decent if I try out for a commerce scholarship). Just needed some suggestions of firms. And lastly just for fun, maybe a hotel...?

Anything would help.
If you want work experience in a law firm google the ones in the location that suits and contact them. I doubt big firms will be able to accomodate you (but there is no harm in trying) but you would most likely to be able to find smaller local firms that may be able to help. You may have to offer up time in your holidays as you will have school during normal office hours.

laura_a

HSC
oh yeah, our school organises it for us and it's for 4 days during our easter holidays. It's alright. I talked to my school's career advisor today and i just have to basically talk to old girls from our school and hopefully they might accept. Thanks anyways guys.

xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)