Can you DEFER 2 courses? (1 Viewer)

JB10

HSC
Just recieved an offer in the late round for Bachelor of Arts/Masters in Nursing at USYD.

I recieved an offer for Forensic Science in the Main Round and chose to defer it, which cost me $100 (Damn UWS).

Being the indecisive bastard that I am.. Am I allowed to defer both and then basically make my official decision next January? If not - I'll just go with the Forensic Science course and forget the Arts/Nursing.. But it would be good if I could defer it aswell just to have a 2nd option next January.

So, can I defer both or choose just the one?

spence

HSC
AFAIK you can only defer after you have accepted, and I think there's a rule that if you accept an offer you have to withdraw from any other courses. So I'm pretty sure you can only defer one, but i may be wrong

JB10

HSC
AFAIK you can only defer after you have accepted, and I think there's a rule that if you accept an offer you have to withdraw from any other courses. So I'm pretty sure you can only defer one, but i may be wrong
Cheers. Could anyone confirm/dispute?

I read this at the USYD Wesbite -

I deferred my Main Round offer, now I have received an Early February Round offer. May I also defer that offer?
Yes, but in doing so, you automatically abandon your Main Round deferment. You can only hold a deferment for one University of Sydney course. You can hold deferments from other universities without affecting your University of Sydney deferment.
This just confused me more... :confused:

spence

HSC
Cheers. Could anyone confirm/dispute?

I read this at the USYD Wesbite -

This just confused me more... :confused:
In that case I guess you can then, as long as UWS allows it also

JB10

HSC
Bump.. Any definitive answers? I've searched everywhere online and can't find a thing. :argue:

rx34

HSC
I deferred my Main Round offer, now I have received an Early February Round offer. May I also defer that offer?
Yes, but in doing so, you automatically abandon your Main Round deferment. You can only hold a deferment for one University of Sydney course. You can hold deferments from other universities without affecting your University of Sydney deferment.
If you read it carefully, it says you can hold both your UWS main round offer and USyd feb round offer. Holding multiple deferments from other universities does not affect your University of Sydney deferment.

However, if in the main round (first offer), you get a USyd offer say "Arts', you can defer the Arts offer. But if you also get a Feb round offer and DEFER the feb offer, you will lose your main round deferred offer. Hence you can only a deferment for one University of Sydney Course. But this is not your case, the above scenario is.

So the quoted text is the definite answer, in black and white, go ahead and defer two offers then.

JB10

HSC
If you read it carefully, it says you can hold both your UWS main round offer and USyd feb round offer. Holding multiple deferments from other universities does not affect your University of Sydney deferment.

However, if in the main round (first offer), you get a USyd offer say "Arts', you can defer the Arts offer. But if you also get a Feb round offer and DEFER the feb offer, you will lose your main round deferred offer. Hence you can only a deferment for one University of Sydney Course. But this is not your case, the above scenario is.

So the quoted text is the definite answer, in black and white, go ahead and defer two offers then.
I'm just trying to find out if UWS's policy is the same. I hope my deferment isn't cancelled with them if I defer a 2nd course.

whackymac

HSC
N/A
Your best bet is to call them up and explain your situation.

rx34

HSC
I'm just trying to find out if UWS's policy is the same. I hope my deferment isn't cancelled with them if I defer a 2nd course.
Oh in that case, email them or as the above post says, call them. I have heard UWS is pretty flexible too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)